what is your daily carry?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted
forget your collection...what do you carry every day? beer

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27595 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
On belt in Sheath: Leatherman Charge Xti with extra bits.
Left pocket: Leatherman Micra and Fallkniven U-2
Right Pocket: either: Reeves Large Sabenza, Spyderco ATR, Spyderco Military with 440V, or Syderco Terzuoala with 440V.

I use the right pocket knives in rotation to keep a sharp one at hand. I sharpen when a few are dull and restart the rotation.........DJ

....Remember that this is all supposed to be for fun!..................

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've gone back and forth for years carrying either a stockman or trapper Case knife sometimes Schrade.
For the last few years, and now, my every day knife is a large Case stockman. 4 1/4" closed, 3 1/2" main blade, red bone handle. I have one just like it with yellow handles for a spare.
My "dress up" knife is a small Case stockman.

Sendero300>>>===TerryP

Posts: 489 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 25 December 2004Reply With Quote
<BWN300MAG>
posted
I carry a Leatherman Pocket clip model. I use it everyday without fail.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have carried the same case stockman for years--but lately its been a spyderco Calypso Jr its so light and easy to get to--I still feel like i am cheating on my old case.

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
my daily carry till it broke was the carbon fiber spyderco civilian...its amazing how easy it is to carry. i put a small clip on it so on the outside it did not look intimidating. i lost one kyaking my next one broke now i carry a benchmade full size skirmish Big Grin but for security, damage potential and awe within reason its hard to beat a cicilian.

p.s spyderco card knife in my wallet, multitool on my key chain. if anyone asked me for my wallet they would get the sharp end first!

Posts: 27595 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JefferyDenmark
posted Hide Post
My EDC (Every day carry) is a SAK that is attached to my keys. Small knife with sisors and other usefull stuff.
If I plan to use a knife I will take my Tripwire. OOOHHHH JJJEEEAAAHHH

Cheers,

André

Always always use enough... GUN & KNIFE

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of KWard
posted Hide Post
Swiss army knife is the one. Over the years I have tried several different knives,Gerber,Spyderco etc but always come back to the swiss army knife.

Posts: 319 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 31 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
jeoffrey..great knife! but you do need a better e.d.c. thumb

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
I CARRY A COLD STEEL RECON ,OR A MASTER HUNTER ,A SOG FOLDER ,A SAK,AND MY GERBER TOOL YOU REMEMBER THE ANTS JEFFERY DENMARK .JUAN

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
ANDRE YOU HUNTING YOU CARRIES A TRAIL MASTER DONT YOU MY FRIEND.JUAN

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
Benchmade Model 940 Osborne

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tonto
posted Hide Post

The top knife is one I am making to try on a hog some day. It is a copy of a confederate bowie.
The bottom is my everyday knife. Its a copy of the set Fred Bear carried and based the Fred Bear archery knife set on.
It is a puma hunts pal with a Nickolson file and a norton stone(he only had 6 or so made with the Puma knifes). The sets you bought from Bear archery had a western knife. Wish I could find an original for my bear collection.

Posts: 1057 | Location: adirondacks,NY ,USA | Registered: 30 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Marterius
posted Hide Post
A Victorinox Swiss Army knife is my everyday knife and has been since the age of 11 I think (I have been through a couple of them). I recently got one of the smaller leathermans, a nice alternative.

I usually stick to smaller knives, also in the field. None of the hunting knives I normally use have a blade over 3", most of them are smaller.

Regards,
Martin

-----------------------
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. - R. Kipling

Posts: 2068 | Location: Goteborg, Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post
In my line of work I'm always reaching for a knife. I carry a "Ramon" knife on my belt, it's a 3" blade, overall 7"

I use it from gutting big game to skinning and caping clients trophies. My friends get a little squirrelly when I pull it out in a restaurant, can you believe that! Big Grin

"America's Meat - - - SPAM"

As always, Good Hunting!!!

Widowmaker416

Posts: 1782 | Location: New Jersey USA | Registered: 12 July 2004Reply With Quote
<allen day>
posted
Victorinox 'Cadet' pocket knife.......

AD

one of us
posted Hide Post

This "Winchester" brand Wal-Mart knife is on my keychain. After a year or more of use it has been about as durable and sharp as a Swiss made one. The saw blade you see there is of the staggared style and it will cut bone. The sissors are good and work well. It's a very useful piece.

In my car I carry tools etc. When I ride with someone else I take the box with me when appropiate. Most other people don't carry tools. It's amazing that over and over a flashlight, tire repair kit etc. saves the day. When I have this stuff it seems to make no impression on others. They never have whats needed the next time either.

Join the NRA

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of thornell
posted Hide Post
When I am at work I carry a spyderco endura stainless steel. When I am not at work I carry a microtech ultratech carbon fiber.

Posts: 705 | Location: MIDDLE TENNESSEE | Registered: 25 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My carry is a BEAR MGC single blade stainless lockback. It is cheap and dulls easily, but I don't do much on a daily basis with a knife.

When I am in the woods, the knives in the hunting pack are a Schrade LB7 and a Buck 110.
Both have done me extremely well, and I have learned how to separate deer and pig pelvises with them, so there is no need for a saw...

Posts: 4748 | Location: TX | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of aktoklat
posted Hide Post
I alternate between a Cold Steel Stockman and a Queen Cutlery Stockman. The Queen has D2 steel while the Cold Steel uses their Carbon V steel.
The D2 maintains an edge for a longer period of time while the Carbon V is easier to hone. Both serve their purpose quite well. I have carried a pocket knife all my life, even before I had a pocket to place it in. Big Grin

Focus on the leading edge!

Posts: 453 | Location: Louisiana by way of Alaska | Registered: 02 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Utica Cuterly pipe knife, a Queen mini folding hunter, Queen Canoe, or a Schatt & Morgan English Jack. Any given day I will have one of these with me.

Posts: 1673 | Location: MANY DIFFERENT PLACES | Registered: 14 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
On my belt I carry a Buck 110 and in my pocket I always have a SAK Rucksack.

When I travel by motor car I always keep my Buck General and my Randall #1 handy and usually have three or four favorite pocket knives in my bugout bag.

I'm looking at getting the Kaybar Dozier and possibly the Warthog. Does anyone have a RAT knife and how do you like them?

BJ

Posts: 86 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: 20 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Parker12sss

BigJohn

The Randall #1 a fine choice. Is it a 7" or a 8" blade?

Cheers,

André

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Swede44mag
posted Hide Post
A Uncle Henry Schrade + 3 blade folder every day

A Buck 110 for hunting use to have a Vanguard until some A-hole stole it.
I plan on getting a cold steel Master Hunter to replace the Buck Vanguard.

I also want a Trail Master SS

Swede

---------------------------------------------------------
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1608 | Location: Central, Kansas | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Andre-: I have a 7" blade, stag handle, with brass cap. It is beautiful and got it on ebay for a reasonable price. I also have a Model 25 with stag handle.

I bought a CRKT M16-13T at the McChord BX the other day and have added that to my EDC. I like the knife but need something with a larger handle. I may have to save up for a Szbenga.

I will buy the Kabar Dozier for my next large knife. I'm lucky to have a wife that doesn't mind the big knives. Where we camp, in Canada, there are a lot of lions and we can't take a gun across the border.

BJ

Posts: 86 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: 20 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Parker

Get a Trailmaster in San Mai or the Bowie knife from cold steel. They are top quality for the dollar.
If you have to much cash I will be more then happy to sell you a Randall made knife.

Cheers,

André

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Everyday, except for my time at school teaching, I carry a Groman Russel belt knife in the drop sheath and a Victornox Hunter in a snap pouch. If I think I'll be out for a few days, I always take my bolo style large knife by Meula. Now that's a great moose knife. The Groman I use for birds, beaver, and caribou generally. If the caribou isn't dead, it is excellent for finishing off. I also carry a Falkniven VG-10, the little one, holds up well when there are a few animals to skin. I'm a firm believer in water stones, and carry nothing less than hair shaving razors. Big Grin

Arctic Gun

Posts: 91 | Location: North of sixty | Registered: 23 June 2005Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of Lasse
posted Hide Post
I always carry a Leatherman PST II on my belt. I Feel very naked without it when out flying and cannot take it. Most of the time I fly with hand luggage only so I cannot check in a knife.

In my jacket I carry an EKA folding knife which I use for dressing and skinning. It’s not ideal from a hygienic point of view, but it handles nicely and is easy to keep sharp.

I while ago I was at my kids nursery on a parents open day where we cleaned the playground, repared outdoor toys and did all sorts of other maintenance.

Someone had tied a loop of rope round a climbing frame to use as a fix point for a hammock.
I pointed out that if a kid would climb up and put their head through the loop they could easily strangle themselves. One of the female teachers, who also hunts, said “You’re a hunter, have you got a knife on you?†No one batted an eyelid when I pulled out my knife to cut the rope.

It’s nice to live in an area where carrying a knife is part of your natural every day getting about.

Posts: 63 | Location: Stockholm, Sweden | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Emerson designed Benchmade CQC 7, from when they were still making those. I use it almost every day for one thing or another.

The Hunt goes on forever, the season never ends.

I didn't learn this by reading about it or seeing it on TV. I learned it by doing it.

Posts: 729 | Location: Central TX | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My trusty old Leatherman is a constant companion and sees daily use for one thing or another. I've had this one for 10 yrs now and it and it's sheath are plenty battered but have always been there for me.

I also wear a 4" fixed blade knife by Paragon with a single edge and slender wood handle. It's exceedingly sharp and is worn in a belt sheath next to the Leatherman.

.22 LR Ruger M77/22
30-06 Ruger M77/MkII
.375 H&H Ruger RSM

Posts: 863 | Location: Mtns of the Desert Southwest, USA | Registered: 26 February 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Victorinox Alox Harvester and a Queen copperhead. I love big old folding hunters, but they are a little bulky for pocket carry, the copperhead patterns are miniature folding hunters, so I like them for everyday use. The Alox Harvester has lots of handy tools in a compact lightweight durable package, gets constant use at work opening packages, paint cans, whittling off excess wood, sawing, sharpening pencils, etc. I'd like to buy a nice two bladed stag handled copperhead pattern for my next knife, something like a Kissing Crane, Boker, Bulldog, or Eye Brand.

Posts: 21 | Location: southeastern US | Registered: 04 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
I carry 2 Buck 110's, and at leats one Leatherman Supertool. I have been carrying the 110's for about 20 years now. Carry all of this in my pocket, as I don't like fumbling aroud with the sheaths.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ol` Joe
posted Hide Post
I have a Benchmade Mini grip on me almost everywhere. When I`m not carrying the Benchmade I have an A.G.Russell Muskrat in my pocket.

------------------------------------
The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

"Why shouldn`t truth be stranger then fiction?
Fiction after all has to make sense." (Samual Clemens)

"Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

Posts: 2535 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 20 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Boss Kongoni
posted Hide Post

Camillus DOMINATORâ„¢ (Tanto Blade)
This Tanto bladed version of the C.U.D.A. Dominator was designed by Darrel Ralph. The Dominator combines the best features of current custom tactical folders with its flipper-actuated, assisted opening ROBO mechanism, Titanium frame lock design, and ergonomic handle shape for a sure grip even when wet. The slim Titanium handles are the rugged base for the strongest lock of any knife in its class. The 3.65†S30V clip point blade is perfect for the military or LE user seeking the toughest, fastest tactical folder made.

This "Robo Power" knife is the pinnacle of the Camillus Speed Assisted Line.

I was carring the Kershaw with the asst. open. There are times when I may be on a ladder, scaffold or sissor left, when the asst.open is very handy. The steel is just outstanding!

BTW - It look real cool too! Cool

If you can't smell his breath, your're not close enough!

Posts: 980 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Boker Toplock auto for last three years, auto opening,enough heft to have a great feel in the hand, easy to sharpen.
GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Like the rest of you, I probably have more knives than any one man can use. And with respect to all the custom knife makers, and the high priced factory pieces, at the Shot Show a few years back I visited the Kershaw booth. Since then my daily carry knife has been a
Kershaw, K.O. Blur,with a 3.38 in. partially serrated blade. Ken Onion design. Excellent quality, remarkable sharpness retention. thumb

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gerber lock back with a single 2 1/2" blade. It's light, small and holds an edge. It will gut and skin a deer on one sharpening.

The year of the .30-06!!
100 years of mostly flawless performance on demand.....Celebrate...buy a new one!!

Posts: 858 | Location: MD Eastern Shore | Registered: 24 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boss Kongoni:

Camillus DOMINATORâ„¢ (Tanto Blade)
This Tanto bladed version of the C.U.D.A. Dominator was designed by Darrel Ralph. The Dominator combines the best features of current custom tactical folders with its flipper-actuated, assisted opening ROBO mechanism, Titanium frame lock design, and ergonomic handle shape for a sure grip even when wet. The slim Titanium handles are the rugged base for the strongest lock of any knife in its class. The 3.65†S30V clip point blade is perfect for the military or LE user seeking the toughest, fastest tactical folder made.

This "Robo Power" knife is the pinnacle of the Camillus Speed Assisted Line.

I was carring the Kershaw with the asst. open. There are times when I may be on a ladder, scaffold or sissor left, when the asst.open is very handy. The steel is just outstanding!

BTW - It look real cool too! Cool

that is one cool knife but not big enough for my hands...the benchmade skirmish is the one i cary cuz its full size but i almost got the dominator in clip point

One of Us
Picture of CBNHNTR
posted Hide Post
My EDC is a A.G. Russell Premium Scout. I have carried this knife for many years now and find it just about perfect.

Posts: 162 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 27 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jeff Sullivan
posted Hide Post
I carry a Benchmade "full size" AFCK with the BT coating. During hunting season, I carry a Spyderco Impala with a guthook.

Posts: 1229 | Location: Texas | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote