The Accurate Reloading Forums
Ralph Bone Bowie & unknown Bowie value question.

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5021043/m/5041083512

08 November 2015, 22:49
rabbithabit
Ralph Bone Bowie & unknown Bowie value question.
What would this Ralph Bone Bowie be worth? Overall length is 17 1/4". Marked BONE LUBBOCK TEX. The other knife is unmarked and do not know how old it is. The guard is nonmagnetic; looks like copper. Overall length is 14". If the tip was not broke it would be a little longer. Thanks

09 November 2015, 10:54
Gatogordo
I don't claim any real expertise as a knife appraiser but I own a few Bone knives and have a bit of a feel for them. I'd put that Bowie in the range of $500 to $1000 and feel the bottom-middle of that range is about what it would bring unless you find an avid Bone collector. Many people don't know that Bone transitioned to a very fine engraver toward the end of his life.

AFA the other knife goes, I don't know. It looks commercial but could be one hand made for or by a US soldier in WW1 or later. This is definitely a WAG. Barring any further information as to it's provenance, I'd guess $75-$100, maybe.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.
10 November 2015, 07:52
rabbithabit
Thanks, I appreciate it.
10 November 2015, 09:16
Sean Russell
I don't know about values, but my first good knife was a Bone that I bought in his shop in Lubbock while in college, its still my go to hunting knife. Nice Bowie-hope it does well for you.

"The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane." Mark Twain
TANSTAAFL

www.savannagems.com A unique way to own a piece of Africa.

DSC Life
NRA Life