THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM KNIVES AND KNIFE MAKING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Knives and Knife Making    Looking for info on an older CASE folder

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for info on an older CASE folder
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi Guys
I have knife that my dad left to me several years ago. Not sure of the real age of this knife but dad often said it is older than me( I just turned 42 last month)

Knife has what i think to be simulated antler handle, steel ovel with the CASE emblem and on the main blade (
cliop point the other is a skinning blade) it has case on one side and 5265SAB on the opposite side both down very near the hinge point.

Any info anyone could provide on ths knife wwould be greatly appreciated. Scince dad left 12 years ago now it has becoime my primary hunting knife. I would be affraid to try to count all the critters this knife has gutted/skinned( I know every deer that dad or any of us three boys ever took were done with it and most of the countless small game as well.) but it satill holds an edge very well.

Thanks
Tom

Posts: 43 | Location: Western NY | Registered: 20 January 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Hello Tom
The 5265 is one of my favorite Case patterns.
Take a look at this site, under "Research" they can give you some idea on how to date your knife. In "mint" condition these can go for several hundred dollars but condition is only part of it. If it is a very old variation and used it can still get some good money.
The steel used in these old Cases can be sharpened to a beautiful edge. Your knife should be real stag or bone if it's 40 plus years. I would love to see a picture if your able.

posted Hide Post