Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted
https://youtu.be/VwlGme6AUtI
https://youtu.be/zhjU2pWO0Ns

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27595 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I have tried these ceramic knives.

Very brittle.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66901 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
This one seems to cut about 10x what a normal ceramic knife can and seems to be much tougher by the drop tests and the brass rod cuts. Time will tell, but it looks quite promising. I pre ordered one for my personal testing and use. Would make an extreme ultra light backpacking knife.

Posts: 27595 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Might work at home in the kitchen where if you drop it and it shatters you have backup, but not in the field.

Posts: 9990 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
In the field I would have a back up knife. I have the knife and it is what I expected. I did some light “torture tests” making notches and whittling some tough hard wood and dry bamboo with some decent lateral torquing on the edge and it did pretty good. I have not dulled it yet and when it is, I will sharpen it with diamond lapping film to see how it does on a new edge. the factory edge was only so-so.

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I'll stick with my Diamond Blade knives. Big Grin tu2

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
Ceramics can be injected into molds. You could add diamond powder or other carbides to the mix to have a knife you would never need to sharpen unless you are doing some crazy stuff or you damage the knife.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What's next - a rifle with a synthetic stock...?

Posts: 223 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 April 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Naw, that would never catch on.

Keep the Pointy end away from you
www.jerryfisk.com

one of us
posted Hide Post
Interesting.

Posts: 19350 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote