THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM KNIVES AND KNIFE MAKING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Knives and Knife Making    What can I use to fill a gap in a bone scale?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What can I use to fill a gap in a bone scale?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Any info will be appreciated.
Also how can you give bone an aged look?OB

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Is the gap between the knife and bone or in the bone?

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4227 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Between the bone and the front bolster.The front part of the scale.I had to route out the bone to contain a release mechanism on an automatic knife I am repairing.It leaves a gap between the bolster and the bone.I had to fabricate a new release mechanism as the old one was broken.It is larger than what was there because it is not the same as the original which was broken and I could not duplicate it because of missing stock on the brass liner.OB

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Colored epoxy

Posts: 19354 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I found an epoxy putty that worked .

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would have said a clear epoxy with added bone dust to match what's there.

One shot , one kill

Posts: 197 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 13 December 2002Reply With Quote