THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM KNIVES AND KNIFE MAKING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Knives and Knife Making    A Desert Ironwood Christmas, Bird and Trout knife added

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Desert Ironwood Christmas, Bird and Trout knife added
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Lee Baumgart
posted
Here's a quick photo of a couple of knives that are being wrapped up and will go in the mail in time to go underneath a tree. Handles are high contrast Desert Ironwood, blades are CPM154. The knife on the left is my Semi-Skinner. The one on the right is my Drop Point Hunter.

Thanks for looking,
Lee
baumgartknives@gmail.com
https://baumgarthandmadeknives.blogspot.com/

Posts: 570 | Location: Vancouver, WA | Registered: 28 June 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pretty work Lee .

Now, he’ll get an understanding about Rockwell hardness !

I know it’s not PC, but I do not care !

Everyone have a Merry Christmas .

Posts: 1991 | Location: Sinton, TX | Registered: 16 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
Very well done, beautiful handles.

Posts: 6361 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Von Gruff
posted Hide Post
The desert ironwood is one of the nicest of handle woods and those two are a very good reason why.

Von Gruff.

http://www.vongruffknives.com/

Gen 12: 1-3

Exodus 20:1-17

Acts 4:10-12

Posts: 2681 | Location: South Otago New Zealand. | Registered: 08 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You did good Lee.

Keep the Pointy end away from you
www.jerryfisk.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am a big fan of desert ironwood and those are mighty fine.

ya!

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice, Lee! Love those handles on them.
Wes

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I MAY have to order one of those, Lee? I used your semi-skinner model on an Axis deer in Sept. in TX, deboning it @ the ranch. Worked great and kept it's edge / MOST importantly.

Then, late in November, I had to use it again on an IL whitetail. Even after cutting it up, the edge was still was feeling good - after all that time & effort on my part - and the Baumgart knife...!

Good materials and a good craftsman add up to a quality knife. One can do no better / I know!

Thanks Lee! Keep up the fine work.

Merry Christmas to all on AR...!
Brittman

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lee, that’s as fine as looking Desert Ironeood as I’ve seen. To any considering buying one of his knives, I own one and can attest as to the quality. I have the semi-skinner and it balances perfectly in the hand.

It’s kind of the golden age of knives. Even a lot of factory knives are damn good, but after years of fiddling with knives, I have to say: Lee’s knives are the equal of some of the best. I think this is particularly true in that he puts a guard on his knives: An additional step that takes real skill to execute properly.

Posts: 10702 | Registered: 28 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I agree with Schrodinger's Cat. Lee makes some of the nicest knives around. I have three of his. One of each, if you will, Semi Skinner, Drop Point Hunter, and a Bird and Trout knife. They are all exceptional blades.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Lee Baumgart
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen,

Thank you for all your comments.

May everyone have a wonderful Holiday Season!

Lee
baumgartknives@gmail.com
https://baumgarthandmadeknives.blogspot.com/

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a question about pins vs bolts.

Those pins look very nice on those handles. But how much do they hold, or rather,I should say, what is their holding mechanism as opposed to say a Loveless style bolt?

Posts: 2059 | Location: Mpls., MN | Registered: 28 June 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The pictures don't do the knives justice! I could not be more pleased with the quality of the knives. Looking forward to a bird and trout. Lee, excellent work!

Posts: 411 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 28 February 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Lee Baumgart
posted Hide Post
And here's the Caping/ Bird and Trout knife to complete the set.

Thanks for looking,
Lee
baumgartknives@gmail.com
http://baumgarthandmadeknives.blogspot.com/