New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bowie with Geo Washington wood
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
This is a bowie that I just had photographed and am ready to deliver to the client. Hope he likes it.

"The Damascus was made from steel from tower two of the trade center and has a sun rise pattern.
The blade has 342 layers, which is a missing man weld [like the missing man formation the Air Force does about a fallen comrade] as there were 343 firemen and policemen that died that day.

The guard and pommel cap are from building two. The ferrule is a two piece ferrule of building one in front and building two on the back side of the ferrule. You can see that there is a separation of coloring.

The handle is from the George Washington Horse Chestnut tree. He planted 13 trees, one for each colony. This was the last tree and it was cut down about the year 2000. This was the tree planted for the Georgia colony. The gold inlay is by maker. The knife is patterned after the recognized National knife, The Bowie knife.

The owner was there the day after the fall of the trade center handing out medicine and helping any way he could. He wanted this as a reminder of that day."

Paul Long made the handsome sheath with frog and flush belt loop on the back. Paul says, "Sheath is 100% USA Prime leather with Beaver Tail inlay. Beaver was from Colorado."

Keep the Pointy end away from you
www.jerryfisk.com

one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice

Posts: 19311 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Exquisite workmanship.

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8342 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Singleshot03
posted Hide Post
Now those are some knives exciting looking knives. Great workmanship and artistic ability.

Jim

Posts: 1493 | Location: Cincinnati  | Registered: 28 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Beautifully executed. You have a great talent, Jerry.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16303 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The sunrise pattern is great but I really like the gold work as a foil to the rest of the knife. Just beautiful!!

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beautiful in every way!
This sounds like a 100% American made tribute knife!
Well done.
Zeke

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
I am really trying hard not to like you Mr Fisk. Damn knife makers always cost me money.

If I was in a financial position to blow large ammounts of money, I'd have your number on speed dial.

I had not seen a maker in America that could hold a candle to Roger Bergh before I had seen your knives. Nice job.

Posts: 7763 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fantastic work! You are a Master.

Posts: 41762 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am really trying hard not to like you Mr Fisk. Damn knife makers always cost me money.

Wyoming, that is exactly what my wife says. Smiler

Thanks guys. It was a fun project that had some good intentions and meaning behind it.

www.jerryfisk.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow!

History and immortality held in the palm of one's hand.

Just think of the provenance that knife will have.

Good stuff!!!!!!!!

Best,

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Beautiful! tu2 I have many of Paul Long's sheaths and he is a master as well! Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of Lee Baumgart
posted Hide Post
Jerry,

That is easily one of the finest knife and sheath combinations I have ever seen. The damascus pattern is outstanding and I especially like the gold inlays. Thanks for sharing.

Lee

Posts: 570 | Location: Vancouver, WA | Registered: 28 June 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Incredible workmanship sir !!!

DRSS Chapuis 9.3 x 74 R
RSM. 416 Rigby
RSM 375 H&H

Posts: 1291 | Location: Catskill Mountains N.Y. | Registered: 13 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Trouthunter
posted Hide Post
Most excellent, given the providence of the knife I'd say that's world class craftsmanship Jerry.

Posts: 75 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 12 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the kind words Trouth.

It was shipped only today. The client travels a lot. Then we had been down in Brazil for awhile attending a show and doing a bit of demonstrating and teaching while we were there. So, I am glad to get this one to its owner finally.

www.jerryfisk.com