New
Find
Notify
Tools

Very dangerous "throwing spike"
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I’ve designed a 14 inch-long by ½ inch diameter “throwing spike†which is very heavy and flies point-first no matter how it is thrown. It is VERY dangerous, and I don’t see any way to risk marketing it.

Does the US Army have any interest in something like this? If so, who would I demonstrate it to?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Henry22LR:

You might want to check out www.coldsteel.com and look at their "Torpedo" throwing spike under specialty products. They have no trouble marketing this type of product, and if your throwing spike is similar, you should not feel concerned. Just a thought.

Good Luck.

RCG

Posts: 1129 | Location: Land of Lincoln | Registered: 15 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Henry I'll buy one. See how easy that was to market!!!

pm me if you're serious,

the chef

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, RCG:

Mine looks very much like a single-ended Torpedo, and the weight is about right. But unlike the Torpedo, it always flies tip-first. Very dangerous, if only dropped accidentally, as it will probably impale an unlucky foot which wasn’t wearing steel-toed boots.

Looks to me like Cold Steel is set up defensively, in anticipation of the kinds of liability I anticipate. So I can’t sell singles, as I’m 65 and just too dammed old to spend my remaining years fending off lawsuits.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You could form a LLC, might seperate you from personal liability. Name it "Obama Mamma"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by southernutah:
You could form a LLC, might seperate you from personal liability. Name it "Obama Mamma"

Never hear of director's liability?

Posts: 36231 | Location: Laughing so hard I can barely type.  | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaldMummy
posted Hide Post
This discussion .. is pointless !!! without pictures >LMAO sorry for the weak pun .. could'nt resist!

I just like things that go BANG!!!

Posts: 34 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 24 March 2007Reply With Quote