New
Find
Notify
Tools

handle for samuri sword
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am looking for a complete handle for a ww2 Japanese officers sword [katana, shin gunta] or a source for one. it is a family piece and we would like to have it complete the handle disappeared years ago.

One of Us
Picture of Smokin Joe
posted Hide Post
Check with Fred Lohman Co:

http://www.japanese-swords.com/

(503)-282-4567 8AM to 5PM, Pacific time

Posts: 403 | Location: CA | Registered: 30 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I clicked on their site but did not see if they offer appraisals.I have one that I traded with a friend whose Father brought it home from the Pacific.I sent it to Camp Perry a couple of years ago with a friend who attends every year + knew that the director of the Honolulu Samurai society would be there. Basically he pulled the handle + ascertained that it was made in the late 1600's in/or by Kodo?sp. (clan/village,etc.)I'm interested not just in value but the history as well.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Go to samuraisword.com. The owner is David Pepin and he has been in the business of buying and selling rare swords for over 40 years. He can probably point you in the right place and will also do a free appraisal of your sword. He is a very good guy to deal with. While you are on the site look at some of the swords he has sold.

Posts: 1640 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote