New
Find
Notify
Tools

Latest from Rick Menefee
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Got back from my deer lease late Sunday. Picked up a package from Ricky Bob Menefee when I went to the P.O. Box yesterday.

Needless to say, I'm jazzed. My first Damascus blade.

Rick said it was forged from 3 different high carbon steels. 1084, 1095 and 15n20.

A few more snaps...........

He said that this was his first forged Damascus blade, so that would make it a first for the both of us.

I'd say, not bad for a beginner.

But what do I know.

I just use them.

JAPPF,

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lost okie
posted Hide Post
Looks like that dude ought to get after it! Very clean and lean.
M

Posts: 350 | Location: oklahoma | Registered: 01 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Miles Massey
posted Hide Post
Hubba-hubba!!!!! shocker

Posts: 209 | Location: Up in yo' gree-ill... | Registered: 06 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is gorgeous! What is the handle material?

Posts: 259 | Location: Marietta, Georgia | Registered: 04 July 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good knife design. Bit of twist going on the blade so it kicks it up a bit. Looks like it ought to work.

Keep the Pointy end away from you
www.jerryfisk.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
BC,

the handle scales are "jigged" micarta.

JF,

I'm not a "hard use" guy. It should work fine for skinning hoglets.

Best,

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I sure need to go skin some hoglets. Dang show and weather has got me all messed up on hog hunting. Glad you got a good knife to take with you.

www.jerryfisk.com

One of Us
Picture of Miles Massey
posted Hide Post
I keep waiting for Ricky Bob to make something I would NEVER like, and he keeps going in the opposite direction. That Loveless pattern in damascus is art that can be used.

Posts: 209 | Location: Up in yo' gree-ill... | Registered: 06 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice. I would have guessed jigged horn, but micarta is probably a better choice anyway. The liners are a nice touch.

Posts: 9933 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It has good grip and good pull to go along with good blade design. You did good Rick

www.jerryfisk.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've picked up a few more of Rick's knives since I last posted on this thread, but this one I'm particularly interested in.

Can't explain it, but I have a visceral love of carbon steel. A young man that has kinda adopoted me as a surrogate dad got this from Rick a while back. It is A2 steel and micarta. He recently decided to part with it and contacted me to see if I would like to possess it.............

I met Jason (Sakohunter264) at the PSC range earlier yesterday. He wanted to sight in/check zero on several of his rifles.

While there I managed to finagle this beauty away from him.....

Sweet A2 Menefee blade.

Thanx J.

Best,

GWB

One of Us
posted Hide Post
and yes,

I gave it a gentle break-in yesterday eve. Grilled Mahi-Mahi tacos, fresh peach slices and a jump on October.

JAPPFT,

GWB

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A couple sets that have followed me home as of late.........

SCARY sharp, each and every one.

JAPPFT,

GWB

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh, my!

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Love the knives! tu2 Funny last post GWB! rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Yuck cilantro!

Taste like soap! Oh I hate cilantro.

Nice knives though.

Posts: 7762 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:
Yuck cilantro!

Taste like soap! Oh I hate cilantro.

Ya!

Use it in my texas barking spider beans

Grilled yardbird rollups

In taquitos

With fish and seafood

Even pulled pork

I do like cilantro.
Wonder if one could find cilantro flavored beer? Well google is one’s friend. LOL

Mas Tarde Amigo.

GWB

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Speaking of food...........

one last before I have to do something profitable..........

Here goes.................

Two Mexicans are stuck in the desert after crossing into the United States , wandering aimlessly and starving. They are about to just lie down and wait for death, when all of a sudden Luis says.........
"Hey Pepe, do you smell what I smell. Ees bacon, I theenk."

"Si, Luis, eet sure smells like bacon.
"
With renewed hope they struggle up the next sand dune, & there, in the distance, is a tree loaded with bacon.

There's raw bacon, there's fried bacon, back bacon, double smoked bacon ... Every imaginable kind of cured pork.

"Pepe, Pepe, we ees saved. Ees a bacon tree."

"Luis, maybe ees a meerage? We ees in the desert don't forget."

"Pepe, since when deed you ever hear of a meerage that smell like bacon...ees no meerage, ees a bacon tree."

And with that, Luis staggers towards the tree. He gets to within 5 metres, Pepe crawling close behind, when suddenly a machine gun opens up, and Luis drops like a wet sock. Mortally wounded, he warns Pepe with his dying breath,

"Pepe... Go back man, you was right, ees not a bacon tree!"

"Luis, Luis MI amigo... What ees it? "

"Pepe.. Ees not a bacon tree. Ees

Ees

Ees

Ees

Ees a ham bush...."

JAPPFT,

GWB