THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM KNIVES AND KNIFE MAKING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Knives and Knife Making    rhodesian and south african forces knives

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

rhodesian and south african forces knives
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted
I consider the rhodesian selous scouts an unit created and trained by the best phs in rhodesia and by black trackers and hunters one of the most efectives counterterrorist units ,my good friend andre send me books and a lot of info about them but I WANT TO KNOW WHAT KIIND OF KNIVES THEY USED ,AND WHO MAKES THEM .WHO MAKES THE SOUTH AFRICAN SF KNIVES CAN BE USEFUL TOO .JUAN

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You might contact Alf, who posts mostly in the African Forum. I believe he had some personal experience with the Rhodesian units.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
i know that peter bauchop made some knives for them but i want to know about the models designs etc,andre flor aka jeffery denmark gave me some info too but i want photos and more details ,thanks ill ask alf.juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Thanks ALF i served in a scout unit 2 years and i was used a paratrooper knife witth handguard that i never used instead i used a ka bar but i broke its point ,then i made my surgery residence at the air force and get involved in excercises sere type and i began to use cold steels ,as a matter of fact in reality during exercises my knife was the most useful too even more than my glock or fal,now as a guide i use cold steels daily,i guide wild boar hunting with knife too so for me now a good knife is very very important.juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of Ropes
posted Hide Post
I dont know about the rest of the worlds fighting men, but here in the states most guys buy their own..

I have a good friend who is a 16 year vet of MSSOCM. When ask what he thought of the new variants of the M16/AR15 I kept reading about on AR15.com he was clueless. He carries an as issued vanila M4. Same story for knives, he ask me to send one so he could retire his buck Roll Eyes

Might check out Videos

Posts: 549 | Location: Denial | Registered: 27 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
HERE IN ARGENTINA THE SF OPERATORS BUY THEY OWN KNIVES TOO AND SOME USE LOCAL MADE REGULAR KNIVES BUT I SAW GERBERS ,KABARS,RANDALLS I USED SEVERAL DIFFERNTS BUT MOSTLY A CHEAP KABAR.JUAN IN RHODESIA SOME SF PERSONELL USED PTER BEAUCHOP KNIVES AND I BELIEVE SOME CREES REEVES IN SOUTH AFRICA LATELY AS A PH I USES A COLD STEEL RECON.JUAN

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Still Have my Issue "White Hunter". Somewhat worse for wear, and the fine nylon cutting serations worn off, but it is still the knife I carry.- Also carried a swiss army knife during the dissident days but now carry a leatherman super tool.

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted Hide Post
Still have my K bar and Buck dive knife. I bought a Randall
in 67 but it was robbed in 83. Good knife is a good tool. If it becomes a weapon, as a rule, you are up Shit Creek trying to get the paddle back.
Gene

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

Posts: 1684 | Location: Walker Co,Texas | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
i have a lot of friends who fougth in the falklands or as assesors in nicaragua some used local customs ,some locals called yarara,but the opinions are divided between double edged or single edged most of then prefer single edged the real cqb experts drop points and some of them uses gerber mark2 types double edged,i saw a photo of a naval commando with a puma withe hunter too,the special forces conmembers used weatherbys 300 weatherbys in the falklans do you know that juan .I READ SOME ARTICLES AND YOU BIO IN YOUR PAGE GANYANA I HOPE TO KNOW YOU IN ZIMBAWE AS A CLIENT

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
ALF I READ THE SOF MAGAZINE ARTICLES ABOUT RHODESIA AND KOKALIS ARTICLES ABOIT RIFLES AND GREG WALKER THE FAMOUS GREEN BERET ABOTU KNIVES AND AS A PH AND EX SOLDIER I BELIEVE THEY PERIDODISTS ARE REAL EXPERTS NOT ARMCHAIR WRITERS,A LOT OF THEM DIED FIGTHING COMMIES IN DIFFERENTS PARTS OF THE WORLD DID YOU READ ABOUT BOB MACKENZIE FOR EXAMPLE,BESIDES MY FRIEND A BIG KNIFE IN THE BUSH AS A PH OR A SOLDIER IS ONE OF THE MOST USEFUL TOLLS YOU CAN HAVE WHAT DO YOU THINK .JUAN

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
ANDRE CAN YOU GIVE YOUR OPINON ON THIS TOPIC.JUAN

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of JefferyDenmark
posted Hide Post
Jæger

I am no expert on the Selous scouts like Alf. All I know is that Peter Bauchop made some knives.
Like Alf I also like the SAK and always have one on me when I am in the woods.

Check out this site for Peters knives:

http://www.beckscutlery.com/Bauchop.htm

Cheers,

André

Always always use enough... GUN & KNIFE

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
I was told by a colleague from zimbawe ph and ex soldier that the rhodesian special forces a lot of the like the rabies,savory and others phs used beauchops and another custom makes but i dont know exactly who make them or if was an official knife ,in the bush a iuse a sak,a cold steel,and i never forget my gerber tool.juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
posted Hide Post
Juan

Your Gerber tool was good when I had to remove the wire from under your truck, Remember?
It was however useless against the ants that bid my arm Mad

Cheers,

André

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
you see in this rough country to said a few you need your tools at every moment ,remember then the tire,then we cooked with our knives we cleaned the hares and the hogs etc.juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
The only Puma White Hunters I see for sale in France have horn handles and are quite expensive. What did an "issue" White Hunter look like? Ganyana, got a photo?

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mr rigby
posted Hide Post
What other knives was used by the Rhodesian SAS and the Selous Scouts ?

i will soon get a Puma bowie which will be used in Argentina next year, did the rhodesian use that knife or used they onley the great White hunter ?

Posts: 1196 | Location: Kristiansand,Norway | Registered: 20 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Per see in the port of zimbawe knife this knife was used by the couts ,Cris Reeves,Peter Bauchops,Gerbers Pumas white hunters and Kabars were used by the recces,SAS,rli,battalion 32 among others.JUAN

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
Picture of mr rigby
posted Hide Post
Juan, yes a SOG soldier is very important that he has a good knife and i will get a good knife soon and practice with it thourugly .

the White hunter is a fine skinning knife , its a fine knife with some nice features and many has copied that. If i would change thing , i would have a bit longer grip on my one, and a part of the blade serrated to get a multiuse edge. Otherwise than that its a heck of a knife.

Posts: 1196 | Location: Kristiansand,Norway | Registered: 20 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen
Pictures posted for Juan.
Nice knife and picture of Selous scout.

Cheers,

André

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Hes our friend ,game ranger ,vet,and expert bush figther Don Heath ,in this photos hes after a pack of hyenas not in combat .He wasnt in the Selous Scouts but hes the teacher of most of the PHs of Zimbawe.Juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
I only wants to say THANK YOU DON HEATH for your generosity .He sent me his rhodesian uniform and his articles thank you RONIN.

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
AFRIKAANDER Don Heath invited me to atend Rifa Rifa what do you say it can be a great experience besides that we can hunt,canoeing,and made a survival course with an ex selous scouts instructor.Juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by juanpozzi:
AFRIKAANDER Don Heath invited me to atend Rifa Rifa what do you say it can be a great experience besides that we can hunt,canoeing,and made a survival course with an ex selous scouts instructor.Juan

I had to read this twice... and I still think I am dreaming ... Eeker

What do I say to this once in a lifetime opportunity ? Just tell me WHEN !! Big Grin Big Grin

Un abrazo !

------------------------------------------

Μολὼν λάβε
Duc, sequere, aut de via decede.

Posts: 1325 | Registered: 08 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Afrikaander ,i was investigating more about the training in knife combat in the rhodesian SAS ,exact the same that english method-fairbairn- idem selous scouts.In the battalion 32 one of the most experts was Daniel Roxo the white devil of Mozambique and former comander of the FLECHAS .Knives were peter bauchop,chris reeves,kabars, pumas,some gerbers,and english fairbairn dagas.There are some schools teaching knife combat in SA .Come to hunt hog and ill inform you in detail two hunters from georgia killed several hogs with knife one very good.Juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Juan. Tell Afrikaander to come and spend a few days with you, and with me, when I come down next month. I do not have a Cold Steel knife, but I will bring another Bowie made by Rigid.

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Jaegers wait the posts of cuchillo bill i think it will be awesome ,we will hunt predators,birds ,cebues and boars.Juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
On my return from the Patagonia and when the rut is over I will contact you, Juan ... perhaps we might enjoy another wonderful hunt soon !

Un abrazo !

Μολὼν λάβε

one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billinthewild:
Juan. Tell Afrikaander to come and spend a few days with you, and with me, when I come down next month. I do not have a Cold Steel knife, but I will bring another Bowie made by Rigid.

It will be my pleasure, Bill... I will do my best so as to be there just at the same time as yourself ... no doubt we will all enjoy a wonderful time !

Μολὼν λάβε

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
I saw and tested the rigid bowie and i strongly recommend it for pig sticking excelent knife .Bill even used it for defending against airsoft attackers.Juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA