New
Find
Notify
Tools

Elmer Keith Knife (Japan)
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I bought off eBay an Elmer Keith Guns and ammo subscription knife made in the early 1980's. Anybody have one? Do you like it?

Colin

Posts: 1278 | Location: The Bluegrass State | Registered: 21 October 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know nothing about them but if his knife selection is anything like his cartridge choices, the knife is too big for me. haha
Can you post a pic so we can enjoy your purchase?
Zeke

One of Us
Picture of Smokin Joe
posted Hide Post
Here's one

Posts: 403 | Location: CA | Registered: 30 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
I have the same knife. It lives in the garage in a box of knives I rarely ever look at.

Gil Hibben made some Keith type knives as well.

Someday I will get set up to make knives again and cut a full tang version of it to test out making animals into groceries.

I like it, it's a damn big knife, but it is not overly long.

The blade would work well at half to 3/4's of its length.

I have a Craig Boddington knife by Anza. It has some similar properties but is thinner. I also feel the blade on that one is too long.

Posts: 7767 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting the picture. Mine is in near mint condition, as is the leather sheath.
I bought because it was cheap and it is my first piece of Elmer Keith Memorbilia. I'd like to own one with better materials one day. I'll use to carve up a deer this year, hopefully afterI shoot it with my ruger .450-400.

Posts: 1278 | Location: The Bluegrass State | Registered: 21 October 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
One of you two could fill out your collection, buy my Shiloh Sharps they custom built for Elmer in 1974.
LRE in 45-90 with serial number EK 100.

tu2

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have been looking for a Heinrekson rifle. I had one spotted and by the time I got around to calling it was gone.

I don't really worship anyone enough to own something they owned.

I am sure you want the cost of a hip replacement for it anyway.

Posts: 7767 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There you go 338x75 Keith in a Ivar Henriksen built rifle.

Couldn't ask for a more Keithesque gun.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
While I don't worship him, I do think he was pretty cool. He also knew what he was talking about, and I'm smart enough to take good advice when I see it.

That rifle is awesome, but my Ruger .450-400 is my inspired by Keith gun at the moment.

Until I get a double.