Find
Notify
Tools

Sheath Maker
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Bwanna
posted
I would like to have some nice sheaths made out of hippo, buffalo or elephant for some Arno Barnard knives. Does anyone know someone who is masterful at making sheaths? Thanks.

Posts: 1667 | Location: Las Vegas, Nevada | Registered: 12 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of aktoklat
posted Hide Post
Kenny Rowe is a master leathersmith. Do a goggle search for his website.

Focus on the leading edge!

Posts: 453 | Location: Louisiana by way of Alaska | Registered: 02 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Kenny Rowe is very good and makes a great sheath, and I'm not saying who is better but many of the most expensive knife buyers get sheaths made by Paul Long. If you want the best and are willing to pay for it, he's as close as you're going to get. I think this address is current.......

Paul Long-- 108 Briarwood Ln. W.-- Kerrville, Texas 78028-9311-- Phone: 830 367 5536 pfl@cebridge.net

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwanna:
I would like to have some nice sheaths made out of hippo, buffalo or elephant for some Arno Barnard knives. Does anyone know someone who is masterful at making sheaths? Thanks.

The Arno Barnard knives I bought in Joberg came with excellent buffalo hide sheaths.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
For years on of the more popular knife makers in Houston had his sheaths made at a local saddle shop. You might try one near you.

Posts: 1135 | Location: corpus, TX | Registered: 02 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Another really fine sheath maker is Larry Parsons, Larry has a Saddle and Leather shop. His address is 1038 W. Kyle Way, Mustang, Oklahoma 73064. His email address is s.m.parsons@sbcglobal.net

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Bwanna: Paul Long. He makes all of the sheaths for custom knife maker Carlton Evans. Carlton recommended him to us at the SCI Convention, remember?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
And some rain - Avoid Dennis Kane of Dream Catchers in Colorado for leather work. Rather than furnish chapter and verse on this thread, PM me for specifics if necessary.

It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it. Sam Levinson

Posts: 1496 | Location: Seeley Lake | Registered: 21 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here is another vote for Paul Long of Kerrville, Texas. I can tell you first hand that his work is masterful. He made me a beautiful cross draw sheath with black shark inlay for a knife I have. Many of the high dollar makers use him. And, he has about a one week turnaround!

I believe the saddle shop in Houston that someone mentioned is Red's Saddle Shop. I have one sheath from them. It is a good working sheath. I don't know if Red's is still around or not, but I expect most any saddle shop could make a sheath of the same quality.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Im in Atlanta this weekend for the 2010 Blade Show. As a longtime knife collector Ive seen many of the makers work. Paul Long or Kenny Rowe would be my pick. Kenny Rowe does a lot of exotic leather sheaths.

Rob

Posts: 309 | Location: WV | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Google Tree Stump leather. Has done both sheaths and holsters for me. Award winning work, with very reasonable pricing.

Posts: 75 | Location: Maine | Registered: 04 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted Hide Post
Mark,A friend of mine in Wyoming is making some awesome sheaths,check him out and tell him Tom sentcha! mchecksel@yahoo.com

"That's not a knife..THIS is a KNIFE" !

Posts: 6572 | Location: NEW ORLEANS / CAJUN COUNTRY!!! | Registered: 05 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow. Arno Barnard makes wonderful knifes. I met him at the last Vegas show and I haven’t stopped buying his knives. It’s funny you ask the question. Arno makes Buffalo sheaths for all of his knives. I have been trying to get him to make a double sheath for over a year now.

NRA Member
SCI Member & DSC Member
Double Rifle Shooter's Society So. Cal. Chapter

Posts: 62 | Location: So. Cal. | Registered: 16 April 2009Reply With Quote