New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buck (folding) 110 Hunter
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Went looking for a Buck 110 Hunter (large frame) At the local gun/knife show last week and I found a beauty. This thing looks almost new.
Did some checking (went to the Buck web site)
gave them the markings on the base of the blade and got a response back that it was made between 1969-72.
35+ years old and I`m impressed. Blade,brass ends, everything in tip top shape. Somebody really took good care of it. My good fortune.
So the question is, any of you guys own a
Buck 110 and if so, what`s your take ?

The best part of the hunt is not the harvest but the experience.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a great find. With some brands of knives older is definately better.

Posts: 1224 | Location: Western Australia | Registered: 31 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have one from that same period. Great knife. Has been used and abused and still stays sharp with plenty of snap. Buy it if the price is right!
John

Posts: 154 | Location: Ohio, USA | Registered: 10 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
Did the handles on these.

Posts: 6384 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Richj:
Nice work

The best part of the hunt is not the harvest but the experience.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good score on your knife.

I own about ten or so 110's and 112's and they are my one of favorite knives. You might check out bladeforums as Buck has a sub forum there and all like minded folks and 110 experts post there.

Regards,

Big John aka Mod 12

Posts: 86 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: 20 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by richj:
Did the handles on these.

Nice,For sale by any chance? Big Grin

"That's not a knife..THIS is a KNIFE" !

Posts: 6572 | Location: NEW ORLEANS / CAJUN COUNTRY!!! | Registered: 05 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
It's not for sale. sorry

Rich

posted Hide Post
I have S30Vs, ATS34s and 154CMs, and all are great steels, yet my go to knife is a Buck 112 I bought in 1972 when I was in the Navy. I've sharpened at least 1/4" off the blade and still works great.

one of us
posted Hide Post
One of the better bargains in knifedom is Cabela's Alaskan Guide Series 110 with the S30V blade. Last time I looked they were about $65.00

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rich,
Did you do the conversion too?

B

Posts: 238 | Location: NY | Registered: 10 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Devildawg66
posted Hide Post
I own serveral Buck 110 and 112's. Best working knife there is for the price especially the older ones.

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
B

It's a CMK conversion. I think they're out of the business. I did swapped the wood scales for Stag.

Rich

quote:
Originally posted by yeti:
Rich,
Did you do the conversion too?

B

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bought a Buck Folding Hunter at the PX on Camp Pendleton in 1969. Went to Vietnam and back with it, and I've still got it. Great knife, I think I paid 12 bucks or so for it back then.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Had a 110 for about 30 years (bought others over the years). In 1981 two of us butchered an elk with two of them. All the knife you need.

one of us
Picture of PWN375
posted Hide Post
Great knives. A bit old school in design and weight-but very solid working knives for the price. They go well with Savage 99s, 1911s and Model 12s. I used one for many years as my primary hunting knife. Finally learned a fixed blade is easier to keep clean after being inside big critters and a multi-tool is much more functional for the same weight.

Perry

Posts: 1144 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've had a 110 since I began hunting and it's still my only hunting knife.I would like to add a nice sheath knife but I just never seem to get around to it.

Posts: 369 | Location: Adirondacks | Registered: 08 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nanook 450
posted Hide Post
I have at least thirty of them.

Posts: 247 | Location: Norman, OK & Marble Falls, TX | Registered: 29 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i always kept one in my pocket as a kid.
unfortunately i lost it, and have had other edc knives, now there is a SOG flash 2 on the way in the mail.

i might get a 110 just because everybody should have one.

Posts: 930 | Location: Norway | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of GunCat
posted Hide Post
Yep, I've still got the same 110 I got as a grade schooler. Back then we could (and would) take'em to school Big Grin

Steve Rose
----------
Rose Action Sports, LLC
www.roseactionsports.com

Posts: 189 | Location: Western Kentucky | Registered: 02 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just bought a 110. It had been sitting in
the dealers shelves for several years.
It is beautiful. I put it to the stone.
It is fantasic, but somewhat soft in the steel.
I think it is some sort of s.s., but not certain. The edge will last for a time. Maybe a deer, but no more. So nicely fitted and crafted. A real BUCK knife. Craftmanship only of American product. I just like looking at it anyway.
Yes, I have many Swedish, Finnish, German, and Norweigien blades. Most have steel that is the best, Sandvick and Fallkniven are the best when it comes to the steel, but this BUCK is so fine.
It is so well made. Eventhough the steel is a little soft, the blade will do the stuff you need to be done. Just get a good stone afterward to dress ér up again.
BUCK is actually the best of American Knives as long as they can avoid the shit from from COMMUNIST China. I refuse to buy any product made in COMMUNIST China.
I will buy stuff from any county that is democratic. Just my take.

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks"
Hamlet III/ii

Posts: 423 | Location: Eastern Washington State | Registered: 16 March 2006Reply With Quote