Find
Notify
Tools

handicraft tomahawks
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Guillermo Amestoy
posted
The international crisis, and the local farm issue (Leftie goverment and drought )made Me wait to take hollidays or go to Hunt somewhere this summer ($$$ issue), so in the meaning time, I tried to make some knifemaker work, just as a hobby, with all respect to the professionals of this art, and without triying, by far, to approach to Daniel Winkler´s knifemaker fantastic work.
I made two tomahawks & because most of You shared wonderful pictures of your works, that enjoy My time in front the PC, and gave Me nice ideas as well. I decided to post some pictures to share.
The first one is a Royal Navy type Hawk, dressed by the natives after trading with some reproduction´s fight marks and genuine old & naturals materials, and the last one is a more european trading sytle "Pipe tomahawk". They will decorate My trophy room under My only North American trophy: a nice Big Tatanka. In the meaning time I am improving My 500 S&W sight sistem and waiting the barrels to start building a big dangerous doble rifle 450 N.E. based in a Brno sxs shotgun, I hope You like them, Guille

"Every ignored reallity prepares its revenge!"

Posts: 883 | Location: Provincia de Cordoba - Republica Argentina -Southamerica | Registered: 09 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Very nice. Now you have to learn how to throw them and stick them. Smiler

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Those are some of the nicest I've ever seen! Excellent work and congratulations.

the chef

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
Very nice. Now you have to learn how to throw them and stick them. Smiler

quote:
Originally posted by calgarychef1: Those are some of the nicest I've ever seen! Excellent work and congratulations.
the chefSmiler

Guys, Thanks very Much !!! , Kind words, I very aprecciatte Your comments and You like My modest work. Kind Regards Guille.

Posts: 883 | Location: Provincia de Cordoba - Republica Argentina -Southamerica | Registered: 09 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
Gorgeous work, Guillermo! So what do you smoke in the pipe part? Smiler

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Guille...you are a master...you must come here with your tomahawks and we will go to the Apache reservation.... knife

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
How cool is that !!! thumb

Posts: 1532 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have to admit when i scrolled the first picture I thought, well ok.. another hack trying to make a tommyhawk..

But then holy sheeit... as good as I have ever seen.
Actually better.
Thanks for sharing.

(When I was a kid my father used to tell me that God hated a coward, I finally realized he has even less use for a fool.)

Posts: 887 | Location: Northwest Az | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Guys..... Alls, very kind words from You, what next? Maybe a Samburu and Asegai spears.....

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
When I get to Cordoba I will go to a leather shop and order a loin cloth for this Indian amigo of mine. Now he is going in the African direction.....he will make an Obama spear...dull at both ends..... animal
I told him he must wear that loin cloth with nothing underneath, native style. And when he jumps over thorn bushes, he must jump high, real high. Ayeeeeee....caramba!!! nilly

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Muy bueno Gillermo.
Martin

Double Rifle Shooters Society member from Argentina.
My doubles:
.577 Snider by W.Richards.
.58" ML by Pedersoli

Posts: 358 | Location: Bahia Blanca - Argentina | Registered: 14 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
Guillermo,

Hola!

You should take a look at these website. These guys really build interesting looking knives and axes.

http://styrefors.com/

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote