Find
Notify
Tools

Custom Sheath Maker - finished product
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted
I'd like to have a custom sheath made to hold a knife and a Leatherman tool. Do any of you have someone in mind that might be able to help me?

Thanks

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Forrest,

You may want to look up Vaughn Ringler(sp). Vaughn is a saddle maker who also does holsters, belts, slings, cartridge carriers...the works. I am sure he could make you a custom sheath.

He is located in either MT or WY. I have one of his price lists around here but, can't seem to find it at the moment. If & when I do I'll post his contact info. if no one beats me to it.

Regards,
Dave

Posts: 1238 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 31 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of foxfire
posted Hide Post
ForrestB,
I've used Fred at Art knives for three different sheaths. Two of them were 2 knife piggy backs and one was a lefty holster.
He does really nice work. He's very artsy a little weird and does a nice job. Figure it will take a month longer than he says but he does a nice job.
Art knives custom knives and sheaths

No good deed goes unpunished.

Posts: 359 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Clint Goodwin Northport Washington.

ssranchnp@hotmail.com

Posts: 1679 | Location: Renton, WA. | Registered: 16 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Forrest, I'm about to do the same thing and will probably use Kenny Rowe in Hope Arkansas. Here is info on him:

Kenny Rowe

Keep us posted on what you decide and Good Luck!

Posts: 659 | Location: Texas | Registered: 28 June 2003Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
You may want to try taking your knife and leatherman to a shoe repair place and see if the guy there can make you one. I had a shoemaker make me a buck-style sheath a number of years ago and he did it in half a day!

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7756 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Call Brett Bronson at 605-985-5372 he is in western SD and does great work and i'm sure it will be very reasonable.

one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
Thanks gents, and kind lady. One of these should pan out for me.

If not, I'll ask JefferyDenmark to make one for me.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
<mikeh416Rigby>
posted
Murray Leather has made custom sheaths for me in the past.

One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Forrest, I'm about to do the same thing and will probably use Kenny Rowe in Hope Arkansas. Here is info on him:

Kenny Rowe

I have used kenny and you will not be disappointed. He has a lot of work, so be patient with his response to e-mails, best to call him. I have some great work he did.

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
I saw Dick Murray at the Houston Safari Club Show and left him with $90 plus my knife and leatherman, so he could make a sheath for me. The sheath arrived yesterday. I sent it back today.

It looked like something my 9-year old son would make at summer camp. Seriously, it was that bad. I have more than a few of Murray's leather goods and this sheath doesn't even look like it came from the same shop.

I asked Murray to put the $90 towards another one of their guncases. I have little doubt that Murray will treat me right, but the sheath was a real disappointment.

Next up to bat is Kenny Rowe.

Thanks again. I'll keep you posted.

One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
That's disapointing to hear about your sheath from Dick. His stuff is usaually good, utilitarian, but good.

Bud Shaul's stuff is not only as good as Dick's, but a lot nicer too.

I own a couple of Bud's cases and highly reccomend him. Nice guy, great work.

http://www.elegantleathersbybudshaul.com/elegant.htm

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
Kenny Rowe and his son Cody came through for me. I wanted a high quality utilitarian double sheath for a folder and Leatherman tool. I talked with Cody and sent him the tools and a drawing of what I had in mind. He got right on it and delivered just what I wanted.

Thank you all for your input.

Rowe Leather

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
I'm glad you finally got what you wanted. I've thought about getting something for my Leatherman and Surefire, but then I think I should add my diamond rod and it starts getting unwieldy.

Yours looks quite nice.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Glad I sent you in the right direction. You should have known that when it comes to "custom" and "leather" together a female will always know where to start!

Posts: 659 | Location: Texas | Registered: 28 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
gotogirl, next time we're together, I want to explore further your leather fetish.

Seriously, thanks for your help.