Find
Notify
Tools

Do all you Texans already have this?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted
I'm guessing the first run was sold out due to some marketing in Texas. What's the truth?

http://www.gerbergear.com/Apoc...alypse-Kit_30-000601

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Personally, this is the first I've heard of it.
Seems a bit redundant, but their larger hand (which isn't in that kit) axe is a nice piece of equipment. I'm kind of a machete nut, so I've thought of buying their parang.

As for the rest, I dunno.....living fairly far out in the country, my "apocalypse" requirements are somewhat different than the average city dwellers and revolve around protecting the home and family, not running for the hills. But to be clear, I think "apolcalypse" is a good selling point to those of a paranoid dispostion and a problem that I spend next to zero time considering. We're already a significant time span from any LEO assistance so we're very set up to handle problems on our own.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
I guess I just never imagined that the threat of zombies could sell edged weapons. Whatever.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sells Hornady ammo too.

Posts: 877 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Yes, all things Zombie seems to be catching on! Big Grin

one of us
posted Hide Post
That's a proper companion piece to S&W bear kit which contained large bore revolver ,a bear book ,etc ,all in a hard plastic carrying case !
Roll Eyes dancing

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Texas armament is a guarded military secret, for sure we all have a Bowie knife, rifle, and pistol and lots of ammo.

velocity is like a new car, always losing value.
BC is like diamonds, holding value forever.

Posts: 1650 | Location: , texas | Registered: 01 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No,
but as long as I wear a belt,and my little DIY green vest, I've been able to persevere, when push came to shove.

Best

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
GW:

Love the vest. Only two comments -- not enough spare ammo and it helps to keep it to one or two calibres when you need more ammo. I'm too old to keep track of which magazine works with which pistol.

Posts: 10000 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
GW

The Crocodile Dundee effect......"that's not a knife...........THIS is a knife" does not work particularly well when a grown man pulls out his paring knife in its pinky little sheath........
He He.
but it will give you time while he is distracted laughing, to pull the popgun out of its matching pinky holster .........the laughing should stop about then.

Very cunning strategy sir.

don't mix your vests up tho & grab the wrong one
........you'll get the wrong reaction if you pull out a box of #32nymphs in one hand & a box of #8 dry flies in the other.

Posts: 493 | Registered: 01 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
I think we should be worried about these type of zombies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a6YdNmK77k

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3039 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NavyVet
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Austin Hunter:
I think we should be worried about these type of zombies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a6YdNmK77k

jumping
That clip was too funny!!
But, in case of a post apocalyptic zombie attack.... I'd rather have something that shoots flames. Big Grin

NRA life member, thanks to Steve. Smiler

Running on empty...

Posts: 250 | Location: God's Country | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote