Find
Notify
Tools

New Handle on a White hunter
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of mr rigby
posted
i have a Puma White hunter, and its a great knife, but iam getting tired of its rubberhabdle , what can i do get that handle away and whqat is nice to put back on it as the replacement for the handle that was there to start with ?

Posts: 1196 | Location: Kristiansand,Norway | Registered: 20 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
If you look in this thread you will see Jeffery Denmark's redone White Hunter.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Stag slabs would do nicely

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8344 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have re-done two of the White Hunters and it is very easy project. I use walnut scales that are epoxied and pinned using existing holes in the tang, then shape and finish as you would a gunstock. Finish with course checkering on the finger side.
Turns out better than Puma's bone handles IMO.

Posts: 1067 | Location: Mentone, Alabama | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Ilike the point design in the puma white hunter but you need a bigger grip for skinning and for combat when i advise clients that want a hog hunter, i always remember them that the handle must be big ,thats very important if you will use your knife in pig sticking or for knife defense ,i like kraton ,but stag horn is beautiful ,remember to oversize its grip its too small to practical use .Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mr rigby
posted Hide Post
what should i use to loosen the rubberhandle with?

i have ordered a Gerbe folderknife aswell, can never have to much knives, but the new Pumas theyre fine so ill get some of those aswell this year.

Posts: 1196 | Location: Kristiansand,Norway | Registered: 20 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Do you happen to have acess to a bench mounted belt sander or better yet a square wheel? That's what I use.

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8344 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mr rigby
posted Hide Post
yes i have, a new project is on the way.

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
Mr. Rigby, if you have a White Hunter with a rubber handle then you might have a White Hunter II and not a White Hunter. Or is it made with both rubber and stag handles? They are not the same size, not the same steel either. Still, a good craftsman can make some nice grips for you.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mr rigby
posted Hide Post
oh, they arnt? well i better levet that alone and get a another one, unfortunately Puma was sold out for their Jubileums model with the damacened blade on it.

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
The Puma White Hunter 50th Anniversary model is currently on sale in the USA for $3,000. The White Hunter sells for about $325 in the UK and the White Hunter II for about $120, also in the UK. If you Google it you can see the differences.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mr rigby
posted Hide Post
i have seen two of the new models from Puma, and iam going to order them, they arent white hunters, but they will be fine for very much different use.

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
If you really want a damascus blade you might want to consider the Capstick African. Follow the link:

https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/.../574102693#574102693

One of Us
Picture of mr rigby
posted Hide Post
That was abeautiful knife, but we have avery stupid rule over here, for a item ordered from abroad must cost 20 US equvivalent to norwegian currency without having paying tax on it , but ill sse what can be done with itm for it was a beautiful knife, and i got "Sands of Silence" by Capstick yesterday and iam reading it now where he used his knife .