Find
Notify
Tools

Ingram knives
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of M70Nut
posted
Anyone own an Ingram knife? I ordered 2 in January and should get them in January 2008. I have a #1 DP and a #4 B&T with snakewood handles and made with D2 coming.

http://geneingramknives.blademakers.com/List_Knives_Style_B.asp

"We band of 45-70'ers"

Posts: 845 | Location: S.C. Alaska | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm sure you'll be pleased. Just my opinion, but I'd have them made in S30V instead of D2, but D2 is a fine steel as well. I have a couple of Ingram's smaller knives (forget the model number) but haven't used them. My primary using knives these days are a set by David Winston in S30V (a rare steel for him). He, May, and Ingram make very similar knives.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jwp475
posted Hide Post
I have 2 Ingram's and I am extremely pleased with them. Ialso got the D2 tools steel, which is my favorite knife blade steel.......... thumb beer clap

A 9mm may expand to a larger diameter, but a 45 ain't going to shrink

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
- Winston Churchill

Posts: 5077 | Location: USA | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ol` Joe
posted Hide Post
I`ve a Ingram #2 in D2 that has preformed flawlessly for me. The knife last year on a farm cull field dressed 11 whitetail with out touch up and still would shave a bit of hair.

Winston builds some real nice blades also but I haven`t work one of his as I have Genes.
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d149/1Savage/100_0975.jpg

------------------------------------
The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

"Why shouldn`t truth be stranger then fiction?
Fiction after all has to make sense." (Samual Clemens)

"Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

Posts: 2535 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 20 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have 3 of Gene's knives, all in D2 and died bone scales. They are beautiful knives, but last 4 knives, plus one just placed on order, have come from Charlie May. I like Charlie's blade shapes better and his edge is superior. Both of them make a great knife.

Ron

Posts: 47 | Location: Magnolia Bluff, FL | Registered: 13 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This is akin to arguing whether redheads or blonds are better so I'm not going to post on this topic after this, but, while D2 is an excellent knife steel, it is not as good as S30V comparing apples to apples, that is properly tempered and with decent edge geometry. I'd happily use either one, but given a choice, I'd choose S30V.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
REDHEADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 131 | Location: Tacoma Wa. | Registered: 30 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of M70Nut
posted Hide Post
BRUNETTES!!!!!!!

"We band of 45-70'ers"

Posts: 845 | Location: S.C. Alaska | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With Quote