New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bowie knife guard with engraving
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
This the guard to a large bowie knife I am just finishing up. I will post a complete photo when it gets back and before I send it out to the owner. When I started to learn to engrave several years ago I was surprised to how long it took. It makes me pull my hair out sometimes but it does look nice. Properly done it holds up well. At the private knife show that I put on at my house each year I have let the clients beat the engraving and gold inlay on a wood 2x4
so they can see that it does hold up under normal use and some abnormal. All of my gold inlay is 24kt. If you have time let me know what you think, be it good or the fact that I should throw away my chisels and go to work at the chicken plant.

Keep the Pointy end away from you
www.jerryfisk.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beautiful! I think you are over qualified for the chicken plant.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's cool
How many hours do you have in just that ?
Very nice work!

DRSS Chapuis 9.3 x 74 R
RSM. 416 Rigby
RSM 375 H&H

Posts: 1291 | Location: Catskill Mountains N.Y. | Registered: 13 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bear Cat, a bit over two weeks, and that includes some long days in there. On this type of engraving it is normally 25-30 hours per inch for me.
There is a row of small gold beading on the outside of this guard but when the good photos are done you will be able to see it well.

Keep the Pointy end away from you
www.jerryfisk.com

One of Us
Picture of Lee Baumgart
posted Hide Post
Jerry,

I think it looks awesome.

Lee

Posts: 570 | Location: Vancouver, WA | Registered: 28 June 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think the chickens are safe......keep doing what you are doing!! Looks great.

Posts: 1361 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 07 February 2003Reply With Quote