New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brusetto and Helle Knives ?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Can someone tell me about these knives ,their personal opinion of them ,i like them because they are practical and reasonably priced.Unlike some of the Tigershark, commando ,navy seals etc hero bowie knives which are such a ripoff!! even if they do look good !

Posts: 175 | Location: australia | Registered: 14 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes they are real knives and you can find them on www.ragweedforge.com My first knife was a Helle which I still have from when I was a little kid.My newest is a stainlees steel laminated blade which I bought as a blade and put a handle on it. Both brands are very well made and very practical knives without 'tactical' gimmicks !!

one of us
posted Hide Post
They're both great knives that you can actually sharpen without factory equipment. They're better hunting knives than most knives costing three times as much IMO.

Posts: 6545 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Over the years I have probably assembled about 15 knives using Brusetto and Helle blades. While both make great user knives, I think that the Helle is a little better finished. I have found with both that the outside layers seem fairly soft and you have to watch while working on they to not mark the blade.
I normally put a slight bend in the tang and silver solder on a guard. I thread the tang and attach a brass hilt with a countersunk nut which is then polished flush. I have used stacked leather, stacked micarta and moose antler as handle material.
These are normally winter projects and given as gifts to hunting buddies.
Easy to sharpen, stay sharp, lightweight. My opinion and the opinion of various users. I don't think you can get a better 15-20 dollar blade.

Posts: 312 | Location: Alaska to Kalispell MT | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote