New
Find
Notify
Tools

kitchen or camp?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
This is an intergal dirk. Some use them on their desk, some people use them in the kitchen to prep food and they also make a good hunting style knife that does not have much belly. This one has a Sambar stag handle, bit of engraving on the pommel cap. The Damascus is a ladder pattern. Simple yet they can be elegant.

Keep the Pointy end away from you
www.jerryfisk.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gaucho look, simply elegant!

Jim

Posts: 1206 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 25 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sir,

when I look at the work of artisans such as you and Mr. Long, I can't help but think about someone that has reached adulthood but has been blind all his life. Then all of a sudden he can see light, shapes and colors. His faculties of taste, smell and hearing may be accentuated, but he has no experiential basis by which to comprehend and appreciate and describe what he is seeing.

So let me just say "Wow".

Best,

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Be careful when you carve the turkey , you will mesmerize the guests !!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mete, funny you should say that. Years ago I had a client up in northern Canada that was married to an Eskimo lady. They liked Damascus knife but would not take a ladder pattern knife as he said that pattern would make her throw up when using it, only that pattern would make her do that.

Keep the Pointy end away from you
www.jerryfisk.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Were they sawing under flourescent lamps? LOL

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote