Find
Notify
Tools

Puma bowie knife
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of mr rigby
posted
I have ordered a Puma bowie knife to try out on the wildboarhunting in Argentina in january.

Isit any here that has tried that knife and how did you like it for various usage ?

Posts: 1196 | Location: Kristiansand,Norway | Registered: 20 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bought my Dad one in the 60's. He has used in on deer and elk ever since. At 83 he still got it bloody this fall. I bought one a few years ago I found used. Nice knives seem to hold a edge good. They look good on your belt or in use too.

Posts: 55 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mr rigby
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that Remington, i have had a White Hunter for some years, and the quality of them is great so it was a easy choice . You know what you have, but not what you get....

Posts: 1196 | Location: Kristiansand,Norway | Registered: 20 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
i have a puma skinner.I don't know anything about knives.I had it for 20+ yrs.I have all kinds of sharpening gadgets some expensive and i use them to try and get it sharp.I pass it on a stone with oil or a buthcers rod to get her sharp so i can use it.It always results in better than nothing.I have seen some knives that were rasor sharp but never mine.It is a nice kife though,with an attractive handle and a thick polished blade.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote