THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM KNIVES AND KNIFE MAKING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Knives and Knife Making    Sam Houston Skinner [Beginner Questions]

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sam Houston Skinner [Beginner Questions]
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Five yrs ago I bought several of these blades on sale for $12.95ea....I thought it a good deal at the time so I jumped on the in-store special.

http://www.texasknife.com/vcom..._393&products_id=812

Only now I have the time to learn/relax and enjoy to put handles on them.

Are these decently good blades in terms of holding an edge?

Anyone got any recommendations for on-line video tutorial on the process of shaping/finishing/fastening wood handles...for a beginner like me?...i.e., what equipment/tools necessary to make the job easier, etc.

Thank you!

Posts: 3430 | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Go to knifedogs.com

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8342 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Go to knifedogs.com

tu2

As to the blade quality of Texasknife they aren't high $$ blades but I've made a number of gift knives with them and they make a usable product. I'r getting ready to order a couple for Christmas gifts.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote