Find
Notify
Tools

Tim Olt inbound
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted
Tim called me this morning, I have two coming in. I don't remember what color they are or the steel. One is a Bob Loveless hunter and the other is one of Tim's skinners that has a bit of Nessmuk in it.

Both are Micarta and some kind of fancy stainless. Probably weird colors, as that is what I like.

I'll post photos of them when the show up late next week.

I am going to order two more Loveless hunters if the handle works for me when these get in.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have always loved knives since I was a wee tyke. Got in trouble in elementary school for carrying a pocket knife. I have and have had quite a few top quality custom knives, but since the replaceable blade(Havalon type) knives came out I have not used a single fixed blade. Guides and Outfitters have all been the same. Makes me sad in a way.

Posts: 722 | Location: Corrales, New Mexico | Registered: 03 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have replaceable blade knives from Havalon and a couple other people. I still buy custom knives, because I am a knife whore.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
quote:
I still buy custom knives, because I am a knife whore.

tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I hear that. Someday my heirs will say, "What was he thinking". Lately I have been taking pocket knives to Sonora and giving them to the Mexican cowboys. There is almost nothing they value more than a good knife.

Posts: 722 | Location: Corrales, New Mexico | Registered: 03 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a lot of strange production knives, and some of them are just crap.

I didn't buy that many knives in Germany, I really wasn't happy with the designs.

The blades were really sharp, but the designs were not for me. They weren't cheap either.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
keyboard check software

The blue one on top is an Tim Olt Skinner 5 inch.

One of Us
posted Hide Post

The one in the middle is an Anza Boddington knife. The other two are Tim Olt's.

One of Us
Picture of Schrodinger
posted Hide Post
Boys, I’ve got so many knives, that I’m going to sell some. As soon as I figure out how to post pictures, I’m going to list here on AR first. Menefee, Winston and Burt Foster. I’m going to try to figure out this weekend. You knife whores may watch in the classified if interested.

Posts: 8613 | Location: Oregon  | Registered: 03 June 2018Reply With Quote