New
Find
Notify
Tools

Opinions, please...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Any opinions on Harvey McBurnette's folders?

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
everything i've read holds him in high esteem.

NM is fortunate to have a number of exceptional makers, including Walker, Terzuola, Cordova, and McBurnette

Thanks very much,
Robert (13.45)
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 83 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 21 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jetdrvr:

What a knifemaker! Passed away in October, 1997. I have one that I ordered from him in 1986 and received in 1988. It is one of his custom lock back folders, with stag scales, engraved nickel silver bolsters, and with file work on side plates. Never have used it, and never will. For me a real treasure. knife

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billinthewild:
quote:
Originally posted by jetdrvr:

What a knifemaker! Passed away in October, 1997. I have one that I ordered from him in 1986 and received in 1988. It is one of his custom lock back folders, with stag scales, engraved nickel silver bolsters, and with file work on side plates. Never have used it, and never will. For me a real treasure. knife

Any chance of a photo please? beer

Posts: 1224 | Location: Western Australia | Registered: 31 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Pichon.....I am not a great photographer, but will try to take a few this week and post them... knife

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a locking drop point folder with a lot of filework, engraved silver end caps and rosewood that was given to me in 1986. I carried it around the world for many years, so it has seen a considerable bit of use. It's been in over 90 countries and on all seven continents.

I finally retired it because I was afraid of losing it. It was my constant companion in a lot of unfriendly places and it always gave me a bit of assurance. It was beautifully done. Sits in the safe now, waiting on a grandson, if I ever get one.

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote