THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM KNIVES AND KNIFE MAKING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Knives and Knife Making    A fine knife from China at a bargain price.......

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A fine knife from China at a bargain price.......
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I know, I know, Chinese.....but Chinese or not, this knife and probably others from the same source are a very good bargain for an everyday carrying knife that is equally useful for skinning game or self defense. Apparently selling similar knives in China is illegal, so these are primarily made for the American market.

In particular I'm talking about the Real Steel E771 Sea Eagle made from Sandvik 14C28N stainless steel. This steel holds a very fine edge and is easy to sharpen. We've used one to completely dismantle a hog, and it is still very sharp and perfectly usable for the next porker. I've got several custom knives that won't do that.

This knife is fairly large and has a clip, but I carry it in my pocket without any problems. It has a projection on back of blade which makes opening it as easy and basically as fast as a spring loading knife.

Some of these knives come with an edge that needs touching up, but some don't. I've gotten one of each so far.

I would stick to the knives that have the Sandvik steel but I just ordered a fixed blade in D2 to check it out.

They sell from the major supplier, Knife Center, in the low to mid 40 buck range. Currently on back order (I just ordered 3 more). A fine bargain for a fine knife.

Be aware that many similar models from the same manufacturer are quite a bit larger than the E771 and would almost have to be carried by the clip or with a sheath.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lost okie
posted Hide Post
hey Charlie;

thanks for the book, I owe you a book!
Not every thing from China is junk.
Mike

Posts: 350 | Location: oklahoma | Registered: 01 August 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
De nada and you don't owe me anything. I hope you enjoy it.

AFA the Real Steel knives go, I started buying them after a couple of knife makers on another forum said they had tried them and used them for an EDC.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote