New
Find
Notify
Tools

White River/Fisk hunting knives
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just got these in yesterday in time for hunting seasons. The top one is stabilized maple with traditional leather sheath, the middle one is black/green G10 Micarta with a kydex sheath and the bottom knife is a stabilized olive wood with a kydex sheath. Both kydex sheaths are a 4 position carry. The blade lengths are 3 1/8 inch

The Micarta one is gone.

The White River knife company is a family of 6 from Michigan that I design for. I showed them how I wanted them ground, heat treated, handle materials etc. These are quality American knives.

Keep the Pointy end away from you
www.jerryfisk.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saw the review of these knives in Blade Magazine a couple months back. Very Positive.
Practical and Affordable.
Good Stuff JF.
Looking forward to the opportunity to try one out.

JAPPFT,

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Just viseted your website but I can't find prices

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ted, I was not sure if I could post prices here or not but dang it, I forgot to post them on my own site.

I have now posted the prices on my website.
This kinda shows why I ended up making knives instead of hold onto that job I had once.
What a maroon.

www.jerryfisk.com

One of Us
Picture of Lee Baumgart
posted Hide Post
Jerry,

I really like the blade design.

Lee

Posts: 570 | Location: Vancouver, WA | Registered: 28 June 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Geedubya:
Saw the review of these knives in Blade Magazine a couple months back. Very Positive.
Practical and Affordable.
Good Stuff JF.
Looking forward to the opportunity to try one out.

JAPPFT,

GWB

I had mentioned a couple years ago to a friend that I was a knife user. He sez to me, "Geedub, you're a collector also, either you just don't know it yet or will not admit it".

He was partially right. I'm a user/collector.

Prior to Jerry Fisk posting in the knife forums I was unaware of his knives. However, that has certainly changed.

As I mentioned before, first saw a review of this knife in the November issue of Blade Magazine (mid July).

When Jerry posted up pix of the Fisk/White River Sendero Pack knife here, I immediately contacted him to see if one was available.

My good fortune, as the one that tripped my trigger was available.

While speaking to Jerry, he asked if I would like for him to give it a "Convex" grind on the blade before he sent it to me, and he did.

It should be a great skinner/caper.

I'm left handed and carry a side arm on my left hip and a knife between the belt buckle and first belt loop on the right when possible. Over the last year I've lost two knives carried this way in leather sheaths that did not have "keepers". This adjustable Kydex sheath has a friction "click" that keeps the knife secure. I do believe this one is a definite "user".

Thanks, JF.

Best,

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice blade design, how does the grip feel when used edge up?

"The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane." Mark Twain
TANSTAAFL

www.savannagems.com A unique way to own a piece of Africa.

DSC Life
NRA Life

Posts: 3386 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 05 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sean, the handle design lets you use it upside down as comfortable as the edge down.

Upside down your thumb will rest against the guard, the little swoop on the back will fit into the hollow of you hand. You have power and control. At first you might think the handle is a bit short but that is so it will fit right.
I worked on a bunch of hogs and deer to get it right, back and forth working on the small details until it worked any way that I could hold it.

www.jerryfisk.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jerry

thanks--thats a big deal to me--now you have me seriously interested.

tu2

"The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane." Mark Twain
TANSTAAFL

www.savannagems.com A unique way to own a piece of Africa.

DSC Life
NRA Life

Posts: 3386 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 05 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just got back from 6 days at the lease. Rained the first 4 days. Nasty, nasty.

Gave the WR/Fisk knife a real workout. Wore it on my belt and prolly used it 30 times a day. Cutting open corn sacks, duct tape, rope,

tacos, steaks, pork chops..........

even had the opportunity to try it on a hoglet........

Flat works! I'm much impressed!!

JAPPFT,

GWB

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is some nice picture set ups Geedubya.

I hope I get to add to them - I got to find me a sombrero . . Wink

Posts: 1440 | Location: Houston, Texas USA | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm left handed and carry a side arm on my left hip and a knife between the belt buckle and first belt loop on the right when possible. Over the last year I've lost two knives carried this way in leather sheaths that did not have "keepers

As you mention that you lost two knifes in that position.

It is also a good position if the knife comes out of its sheath to cut into your main artery.

I am a firm believer in carry a fixed blade knife behind the hip.

Posts: 19353 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Ever try to get a hold on a muddy hoglet.

A good knife can certainly come in handy........

JAPPFT.

GWB