New
Find
Notify
Tools

A word or two about TCK
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Guys, I want to talk a minute about Todd; the guy that posts here as just a hunter.

Todd and I struck up a friendship over a couple of transactions; he makes some very impressive knives, and I pour handgun projectiles... I sent him some bullets and bought a couple of knives from him.

Well, Todd read the thread I started about needing to sell some items because the oncologist told me I was probably down to months. Unbeknownst to me, Todd decided to make a knife for my grandson, who was born in January of this year. Well, it showed up today, completely without warning, and it brought me to tears. There is the very likely potential that I won't ever see my grandson use this knife because of the big "C". But to remedy that, Todd etched a note to my grandson in the tang of the knife between the scales, along with Graham's birth date. An immense amount of work, and even more special because it is one of the last ones he is doing now due to the express desire to devote his time to his family.

Class and dignity cannot be bought. Neither can friendship. I find all these things in just a hunter, and his friendship is among my prized possessions. I am not only proud to call him a friend, I am proud to own examples of his workmanship. And my grandson will be as well.

Thank you, Todd; with all that is in this guy, thank you. It is not enough, because sometimes words just do not suffice.

Scot

Posts: 4748 | Location: TX | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good stuff Guys!

Best,

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
As I said in the other thread, Todd seems to be a stand up gentleman. My only interaction with him was as a seller. He had patience with me because my shipment was delayed (ammo had to go through the UPS hub), but he was understanding. I just wish I had been a buyer of his fine work when I had the chance.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Scot, you'll be in my prayers. Hang in there, amigo.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Scott, God bless you and hold you. Hang in there.
Todd a kind heart my friend. It is good for my heart to see people like both you and Scott.

Keep the Pointy end away from you
www.jerryfisk.com

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
God bless you and hold you. Hang in there

+1

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote