New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sad To see
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Went to buy some gifts. Wanted some folders for good friends. Looked at some Bucks, but was saddend that they were "Made in China".
I didn't purchase,becase of my saddness.
I DID find a 110 folder and a 115 Special."Made in America" I got them for my buddies at Christmas.
How is it that our good friend "Buck Knives", now has Chinese? I know Chinese steel is now good, but they are communists. How can it be?
A wondeful AMERICAN company selling out on us. I HOPE they go out of business.

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks"
Hamlet III/ii

Posts: 423 | Location: Eastern Washington State | Registered: 16 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I bought a Colt and a Browning sheath knife....both looked good. Upon later examination.....saw that both "Made in China". Truly sad. Truly inappropriate. I will be more vigilant with future purchases.

Posts: 2097 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Buck has as of this year moved all back to the USA. Now I dont know if that maans assemblen or actually made in USA.

Romey

Posts: 34 | Location: Montana | Registered: 01 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gerber also. Frowner

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I sit here looking at my buddys Christmas gift of the Buck 119 Special and find it to be one of the most beautiful knives I've ever seen.
It is so nice, I want it myself!! My buddy will get it, but I will buy one for me.
I remember a troop that broke one in Vietnam while sliding down a hill. He was so sad to lose his fine Buck knife. I think of him often, but don't know his name anymore.

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks"
Hamlet III/ii

Posts: 423 | Location: Eastern Washington State | Registered: 16 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't blame China

Blame the american people for their insatiable desire to buy things at the best price possible regardless of the implications of it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 22WRF:
Don't blame China

Blame the squatters/invaders posing as Americans for their insatiable desire to buy things at the best price possible regardless of the implications of it.

Posts: 13301 | Location: On the Couch with West Coast Cool | Registered: 20 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This might be the best knife for your dollar for a Buck knife and it is made in the USA:
http://www.knifecenter.com/kc_...tail.html?s=BU347BKS

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6601 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have bought a lot of Schrade knives over my almost 40 years of adulthood. I bought two LB5s right at a year ago, thinking they were still the same good knives I have given as gifts for so many years. Well, sure enough: made in China... three weeks after I put one in my pocket the mainspring broke.

Enough is enough. I won't buy Schrade again!

Posts: 4748 | Location: TX | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doubless:
I have bought a lot of Schrade knives over my almost 40 years of adulthood. I bought two LB5s right at a year ago, thinking they were still the same good knives I have given as gifts for so many years. Well, sure enough: made in China... three weeks after I put one in my pocket the mainspring broke.

Enough is enough. I won't buy Schrade again!

The Schrade knife company that you are thinking of went broke in 2004. Their brand name was purchased by Taylor. AFA I know all their knives are now made overseas and the quality is not the same, as you found out the hard way.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Most of the legendary American knife companies HAVE gone out of business because people will buy the cheaper Chinese stuff rather than pay a few bucks more for quality American made.

Shrade and Camillus are just a couple of the latest examples. Case has had to lay off a lot of workers.

Posts: 31 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 03 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Many high quality, lower budget knives are made by buck, spyderco, kershaw, etc here in the U.S.

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
It's a shame that people are collecting the "old" Japanese made knives "sold" by American companies over their new "Chinese" models.

I see this happened with Browning knives.

Posts: 6385 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote