New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
A customer of mine passed away a year ago and the brothers are selling his possessions. I bought a couple of his vehicles, but they said he had knives and swords available. Not my forte, but if they are nice and reasonable I will try to buy them. Can I get help here after I get some photos?
Thanks

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Of course, but, "knives and swords" sounds like it COULD be, but not necessarily is, a bunch of junk.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
For swords, you can also go to Sword Forum.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Blade Forums is a large form for knives and swords .You'll find some help there.
Warning - don't ever try to clean up or polish a sword. Some fine Japanese swords have had their value destroyed by someone just trying to clean off some rust !!
Some very knowledgeble people there even me [ under the same alias ]

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo:
Of course, but, "knives and swords" sounds like it COULD be, but not necessarily is, a bunch of junk.

Come on Charlie, why did you think I asked?

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchlambert:
quote:

I guess you asked for help in valuing some unknown blades. Is that wrong? Was there some underlying meaning that I missed?

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by butchlambert:
quote:

I guess you asked for help in valuing some unknown blades. Is that wrong? Was there some underlying meaning that I missed?
Jeez Charlie. Read my post again. I'm going to look and take photos of some swords and knives. I thought some of the guys on the forum might be able to help. Underlying meaning? I guess that I'm too country to understand that.
Is it "junk" I really don't know and again thought I might get some help here.
I hope you understand.

One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
i'LL have some space on my tables at the Premier Ft, Worth Gunshow if you Want to come share/display...next weekend...

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2824 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Butch, we can have a go at it. You just never know what you run across sometimes.

Keep the Pointy end away from you
www.jerryfisk.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jerry Fisk:
Butch, we can have a go at it. You just never know what you run across sometimes.

Thanks Jerry,
When the Family is available to let my Son and I see them, I will take photos. As Charlie said, "It may be junk". We bought a couple of his vehicles at a very very good price and hope the swords and knives are desirable and as reasonable as the vehicles. If not I've only wasted a couple hours of time.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Headed over tomorrow afternoon.

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
You never know. Today I see WW2 daggers for $900.00 + when we were teens with that one being the last war we could get them for under $5.00 at the Army Navy Surplus. If you have some Lionel trains then you have hit a jackpot.Funny what some folks collect. Myself,I like precious metals + yes,lead.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote