The Accurate Reloading Forums
Help

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5021043/m/2721019232

18 June 2017, 03:00
butchlambert
Help
A customer of mine passed away a year ago and the brothers are selling his possessions. I bought a couple of his vehicles, but they said he had knives and swords available. Not my forte, but if they are nice and reasonable I will try to buy them. Can I get help here after I get some photos?
Thanks
18 June 2017, 03:52
Gatogordo
Of course, but, "knives and swords" sounds like it COULD be, but not necessarily is, a bunch of junk.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.
18 June 2017, 04:44
Charles_Helm
For swords, you can also go to Sword Forum.

-------------------------------

Some Pictures from Namibia

Some Pictures from Zimbabwe

An Elephant Story

18 June 2017, 05:23
mete
Blade Forums is a large form for knives and swords .You'll find some help there.
Warning - don't ever try to clean up or polish a sword. Some fine Japanese swords have had their value destroyed by someone just trying to clean off some rust !!
Some very knowledgeble people there even me [ under the same alias ]
18 June 2017, 17:08
butchlambert
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo:
Of course, but, "knives and swords" sounds like it COULD be, but not necessarily is, a bunch of junk.

Come on Charlie, why did you think I asked?
18 June 2017, 19:14
Gatogordo
quote:
Originally posted by butchlambert:
quote:

I guess you asked for help in valuing some unknown blades. Is that wrong? Was there some underlying meaning that I missed?

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.
18 June 2017, 22:35
butchlambert
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by butchlambert:
quote:

I guess you asked for help in valuing some unknown blades. Is that wrong? Was there some underlying meaning that I missed?
Jeez Charlie. Read my post again. I'm going to look and take photos of some swords and knives. I thought some of the guys on the forum might be able to help. Underlying meaning? I guess that I'm too country to understand that.
Is it "junk" I really don't know and again thought I might get some help here.
I hope you understand.
18 June 2017, 23:50
jimatcat
i'LL have some space on my tables at the Premier Ft, Worth Gunshow if you Want to come share/display...next weekend...

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis
19 June 2017, 08:12
Jerry Fisk
Butch, we can have a go at it. You just never know what you run across sometimes.

Keep the Pointy end away from you
www.jerryfisk.com
19 June 2017, 18:39
butchlambert
quote:
Originally posted by Jerry Fisk:
Butch, we can have a go at it. You just never know what you run across sometimes.

Thanks Jerry,
When the Family is available to let my Son and I see them, I will take photos. As Charlie said, "It may be junk". We bought a couple of his vehicles at a very very good price and hope the swords and knives are desirable and as reasonable as the vehicles. If not I've only wasted a couple hours of time.
21 June 2017, 03:39
butchlambert
Headed over tomorrow afternoon.
23 August 2017, 08:21
NormanConquest
You never know. Today I see WW2 daggers for $900.00 + when we were teens with that one being the last war we could get them for under $5.00 at the Army Navy Surplus. If you have some Lionel trains then you have hit a jackpot.Funny what some folks collect. Myself,I like precious metals + yes,lead.

Never mistake motion for action.