New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Track" Knives
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
About 35 years ago, I met a couple of guys from Whitefish, Montana. I believe their names were Pfrimmer and Propp (?)...I think they were geologists who spent a quite a lot of time in Alaska, and they had been making knife handles from mammoth ivory they found in Alaska.

Anyway, they ended up coming to my neck of the woods; we went hunting together, and they took home a bunch of my old moose horns to use for knife handles. I wouldn't take any money, but later on they sent me a dandy knife (and one for my buddy) in return for the moose horns. They called their outfit Track Knives, and I heard later they hooked up with Ithaca to market on a bigger scale.

They were a real decent pair of fellows, but I lost track of them (no pun intended!) and wondered if anybody knew anything of them. I still have the knife, and it's about as good as any I've ever come across, period. It sure has skinned a lot of moose over the years!

Posts: 5705 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 14 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Photos please.

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8342 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Sorry; I kind of forgot about this thread. The masking tape is simply to cover my name, which the guys engraved on the blade.

Posts: 5705 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 14 November 2002Reply With Quote