Find
Notify
Tools

My favorite folder
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted
or at least one of my favorites. I could never afford a Custom Lake tail lock. This is a licensed copy.

AG Russell and CAS Iberia made them. Archemedies Bronze Pilot and Retro pen. Oh and one of Bills wallets

Posts: 6386 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I also love the KeySmart and Will's elephant hide wallet! tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
From the time I was 8 Y.O until I was in my late thirties I was always trying different pocket knives and never seemed satisfied until I bought one of the original Buck Wranglers after this model was out of production. I have been carrying this Wrangler for 30 years and wouldn't want any other. Is it the best steel? Probably not, but it just fits me to a T.

Dennis
Life member NRA

Posts: 1187 | Location: Ft. Morgan, CO | Registered: 15 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Since I have arthritis in my thumbs + since they are now legal I have a Boker switchblade. I do have beaucoup pocketknives but that one is a carrier as well my Buck 110 automatic.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
I have just a little bit different style. Sorry, just fast cellphone photo:

Posts: 2074 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
Benchmade Skirmish if time carried was the deciding factor. I liked carrying the Spyderco Civilian Carbon Fiber as well. That is one evil folder.

I carried this knife every day for about 6 years. It carried well for a large knife. Other knives would be my favorite if I had 1K to spend on a pocket knife.

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27596 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
My personal favorite is the CRKT M1 Greg Lightfoot M1-03K.

I have 2 or 3 that are non serrated and one that is serrated.

I'd like to have another dozen of them.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
The OP never said favorite for what?

My favorite folder for hunting is a Scrade Scrimshaw I bought back the 1970's. Nice carbon steel blade that takes an excellent edge that's easy to touch up.

For everyday around my place it's usually one of several Swiss Army knives I own. The extra tools come in handy sometimes. Actually the bigger Adventurer locking blade knife is pretty decent for hunting and if it gets lost I'm only out $25 or so.

For a nicer looking folder when I'm going out I carry a small Case locking blade knife. I forget which model it is.

If for some reason I feel the need to carry a more tactical looking blade like some pictured above my Gerber Air Ranger takes care of that.

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2796 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
For hunting, Benchmade Crooked River. Can not tell you how many pigs, whitetail deer I have used it on. Last fall used it on an elk. Stays sharp, sharpens easy. Love a folder for skinning a deer. When you need two hands, close it and stick it in the back pocket! Just to carry, Benchmade Bug out. I like S30V!

Posts: 701 | Location: South Central Texas | Registered: 29 August 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
S30V is a good steel, carried it many years with the Skirmish. LC200N, 3V, 4V, S7

https://knifesteelnerds.com/20...eel-for-every-knife/

Read the above if you want to be a knife steel nerd and learn a few things...

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27596 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:
My personal favorite is the CRKT M1 Greg Lightfoot M1-03K.

I have 2 or 3 that are non serrated and one that is serrated.

I'd like to have another dozen of them.

I am a fan of the CRKT blades also. I should have stocked up on my current one.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Mine is a Case folder that I found as a kid over 60 years ago. It's still going strong, although the main blade is not as wide, and is a little thinner from sharpening over the years. Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of Von Gruff
posted Hide Post
This one is by Brandant Robinson for me. I sent him some Giraffe bone and after discussing some modifications to his Jaguar design he put the specs together to produce this for me
CPM154 blade with mirrored flats and satin bevels.
Front and rear Damasteel pattern welded steel bolsters
6AL4V Titanium liners with jeweled finish
416 stainless spacers.
https://www.therobinsonedge.com/

This is a short video he made to show the knife'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?.....da0&feature=emb_l/

Von Gruff.

http://www.vongruffknives.com/

Gen 12: 1-3

Exodus 20:1-17

Acts 4:10-12

Posts: 2684 | Location: South Otago New Zealand. | Registered: 08 February 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Beautiful knife, Garry! Have to love the giraffe bone scales.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16369 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote