New
Find
Notify
Tools

My new knife hard at work
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Tom Lewis in Carlsbad, NM built this one for me this past summer. I finally got a chance to use it. O-1 steel with ivory micarta.

Posts: 603 | Location: Louisiana USA | Registered: 24 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice looking bit of gear. thumb

Posts: 1224 | Location: Western Australia | Registered: 31 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice Sir. It looks a lot like a Randall and with 0-1 tool steel also. I'm curious...what is his delivery time and does he have a website? Thank you.

Posts: 188 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 14 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by model70man:
Very nice Sir. It looks a lot like a Randall and with 0-1 tool steel also. I'm curious...what is his delivery time and does he have a website? Thank you.

The blade grind is like a Randall model 11-5 with a few slight modifications at my request. I then had him do a Loveless type handle sized to fit my hand. Delivery time for the knives he has built for me is 2 to 3 weeks if he has all the materials in stock. Longer if he has to order parts. His contact information is:

TR Lewis Handmade Knives
Tom Lewis
1613 Standpipe Rd
Carlsbad, NM 88220
505-885-3616
web site: www.cavemen.net/lewisknives/
email: lewisknives@carlsbadnm.com

Posts: 603 | Location: Louisiana USA | Registered: 24 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jawheeler.

Thanks a bunch. I like a knife with class like yours.

Posts: 188 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 14 March 2006Reply With Quote