Find
Notify
Tools

Where is a good place
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted
these days to find an original Morseth Cascade Skinner for sale?

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I assume you are interested in a knife made by Harry Morseth? I would call A. G. Russell @1=800 255-9034. He might be able to steer you in the right direction. I had one of Harry's knifes, bought it for $15, and in a stroke of brilliance, sold it for $75. It had the lined laced sheath. Ranks high on my list of bonehead moves.

Posts: 709 | Location: Corrales, New Mexico | Registered: 03 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A G Russell would be where I would start . Years ago Russell sold knife kits w/ Morseth steel blades. I have (2) in my safe.

Posts: 1991 | Location: Sinton, TX | Registered: 16 June 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There are a couple of dozen Morseth's on ebay, starting at about $250. Like many older famous knife makers, there are fakes out there. Caveat Emptor.

Original Morseths, made by Harry (died 1967) will likely cost $1000 or considerably more, depending on model and condition.

I also would check Arizona Custom knives.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had two that I sold a few years ago, regretfully. Will never do it again. They balance well in the hands, totally well thought out and functional. E/bay and AZ. knives as have been stated, are best bets but prepare to pay.

Posts: 1015 | Location: Brooksville, FL. | Registered: 01 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I could have sworn that A.G had brought out the Cascade, but maybe I was thinking of the Michigan Sportsman.

http://www.agrussell.com/searc...?ss=morseth&x=31&y=7

If anyone offers you a laminated steel Morseth for $250, jump on it. The current 154CM Morseth knives are $350 and up.

A.G runs this web site of collectable knives.

http://cuttingedge.com./knives/currently_available

I was unable to find a "Morseth", you might have to call to find out why.