THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM KNIVES AND KNIFE MAKING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Knives and Knife Making    My first attempt at a knife shaped object

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My first attempt at a knife shaped object
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of daniel77
posted
It is Alabama Damascus with stabilized and dyed burled birch handles. I thought the swirl of the birch complimented the Damascus pattern quite well. The knife is all hand filed and sanded. Only power tool was a drill press to be sure the holes were square. I still have to seal the handle, sharpen, and make the sheath, but I couldn't resist taking some pics. The pics suck btw. I'm a lot of things, but a photog isn't one of them.
I've made many mistakes on this one, but have learned a ton. Currently finishing up 7 more for Christmas presents. I'll post pics of them as well, as finished.

Posts: 3628 | Location: cajun country | Registered: 04 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good attempt ,you've got start , keep going. Do try to photo without direct light that reflects back into the camera.

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
JMHO
the overall shape screams for more belly in the point or take out some of the curve on the top before the point.

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27595 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I love the design of that knife, hate a real sharp pointed knife, always pocking a hole through the hide when your skinning, your design makes it hard to do that, its a keeper in my book, keep up the good work, bubba.

Posts: 65 | Location: texas | Registered: 24 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubba:
I love the design of that knife, hate a real sharp pointed knife, always pocking a hole through the hide when your skinning, your design makes it hard to do that, its a keeper in my book, keep up the good work, bubba.

tu2

Posts: 41768 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
For my taste with that much going on in the blade I would go PLAIN on the handle.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote