New
Find
Notify
Tools

What do you actually carry?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Since i was a young one, I always carried a pocket knife; from my first swiss army, to the dozen or so I have today. Just curious to what people carry often/daily (be it work or play).

it may be overkill, but I almost always carry these three: a clean one, a dirty one, and one to lend...

SOG sculptura- very handy knife, great skinning blade, my second one in 5 years.

CRKT P.E.C.K.- in 'stealth black', awesome little knife, it's on it's 2nd year, but looks like it's 10.

Buck bottle opener- little blue egg shaped thing with a dinky blade, I owe it many a good beer. Had this one for 3 years.

one of us
Picture of JefferyDenmark
posted Hide Post
"What do you actually carry"

When I am with Juan I carry a large knife like the Cold Steel Trailmaster. This is due to the fact that he always finds some nasty wild boars that I have to fight with Big Grin

Cheers,

André

Always always use enough... GUN & KNIFE

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have carried a kerhaw chive for the last few years but I just ordered 2 new knives that I hope I will like. A spyderco spur and a spyderco native. I might miss the assisted opening feature of the chive but the better steel will hopefully make up for it.

<allen day>
posted
For twenty years I've carried a Victorinox 'Cadet' pocket knife that I carry every day. I must have a dozen of these that I cycle. Once they're all dull, I resharpen the whole lot of them. Great knives!

For mule deer elk, or any mountain hunting I carry Gerber and Benchmade folders with synthetic handles, usually one on my belt and two in the pack. I've been phasing out the Gerbers in favor of the Benchmades in recent year, because I think the later is a much better knife, plus Benchmade will resharpen them for you at their Oregon City plant to a razor edge for life.

For Africa I carry either a Chris Reeve large 'Sebenza' or Randall #3. This year I'm taking a Randall 'Trout & Bird' with a genuine ivory handle that my wife gave me as a gift, plus a Scott Cook large 'Owyhee Hunter'. I had the Scott Cook built with a left-handed sheath so that it will be carried on the opposite side from which I carry the rifle, preventing it from banging against the stock.

AD

one of us
Picture of Boss Kongoni
posted Hide Post
I just replaced my Kershaw black-out daily carry with a Camilus Dominator with the Tanto blade. Both have the ast. open. The Camilus has s30v steel vs. the 440 in the Kershaw. I'm very happy with.

For work I also carry craftsman folding razor knife.

Knife hunting? my Puma White Hunter.

My general hunting knife is a Puma Silver Lion 3" drop point.

If you can't smell his breath, your're not close enough!

Posts: 980 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CDH
posted Hide Post
Every day carry to the urban jungle...Benchmade mini-Griptillian, the D-2 version from Cabelas. Enough blade for daily tasks, but no too big to be unweildy of unsettling to others when it gets whipped open...with a resurringly solid 'snap' too!

Fishing...varies, usually a Gerber multi-tool and I am rotating through a couple of other prospects.

Hunting...trying to find one favorite now. I've got a Blade-Tech that has a lot of promise, but hasn't been bloodied yet. My Schrade fixed blade 'disappeared' after one hunting trip last year...so I'm looking for a replacement. Wink

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.

Posts: 1780 | Location: South Texas, U. S. A. | Registered: 22 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Icarri daily a recon cold steel ,thats of course working in the field,in the city i carry a sog folder .i trained a lot with it .juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nromally I have three on me, a Microtech LCC clipped to my right pocket, a Victorinox Super Tinker in my left pocket, and a small Victorinox Classic on my keys.

one of us
Picture of hikerbum
posted Hide Post
Several for different days.

Case Sowbelly 3 blades

A G Russell one hand knife

Victorinox super tinker

Case mini Trapper

Basic knives that do it all on a daily basis.

When hunting, usually something a little bigger
Randall Pathfinder
Old Marbles
Buck 110

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Posts: 2578 | Location: Western New York | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello the campfire:
I have carried various small knives on a saily basis for most of my life. That came to an end recently as I can not enter a courthouse with any thing that looks like a knife. On the weekends for around town I cary a Gerber White Knight that is several years old. If I might "need" a litle more knife I cary a Benchmade auto opening sharp on both edges. Of Course I have a number of other knives that I use as needed, both belt and folding. One of favorite is an antque Italian flder with an eight inch stilito blade.
Judge Sharpe .

Is it safe to let for a 58 year old man run around in the woods unsupervised with a high powered rifle?

one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Henckels sow belly

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8345 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Honkey
posted Hide Post
At work I carry a Leatherman Supertool (old)
and a Buck 119 on the belt, Off duty I usually have a Leatherman Crunch and a Buck 110 folder.

Hunting I like to carry a Muella Colibri and a Knives of Alaska Light Hunter or sometimes a Helle Trofe.

Honkey

NRA Life
DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

The poster formerly known as Uglystick

Posts: 512 | Location: New Mexico USA | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
I carry one of two benchmades,,A mel pardue 720,,or a stryker 2500s.I've carried buck's,gerbers,shrade,case,kershaw,barlow,boy scout,kbar. The 720 gets more carry time,,a true one handed knife,,solid lock up,,can easily open and close with gloves on thumb,kinda like a butterfly without all the b/s moves,,holds an edge as good or a little better than most.Have fun!!! Clay

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of KWard
posted Hide Post
I carry a swiss army knife and a buck 175

Posts: 319 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 31 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
I carry a Benchmade, Oswald model, with the clip hooked into my right pocket.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
Sorry for the senior moment I had when drafting my last post. I actually carry a Benchmade Model 940 Osborne, not Oswald.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of almostacowboy
posted Hide Post
Daily: 1 of 3 Case Stockmans or Hen & Rooster Stockman
Field: Russell 6-1/2" Camp Knife and Kershaw Multi-tool with locking pliers.
Dave

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value."
-Thomas Paine, "American Crisis"

Posts: 816 | Location: Llano, CA Mojave Desert | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have carried a small Kershaw folder for 27 plus yrs. Lost 2 currently have a Chive. Hunting knife is a Case XX large 2 bladed folder than can skin out 3 deer without loosing much edge (got it in 69). Belt knive has been blades I purchased and put the handle on including current damascus blade, holds a good edge, but no comparison to the Case. Just got a Buck Alpha with Rosewood handle. Never owned a Buck, thought I would try one.

Posts: 253 | Location: Texas by way of NC, Indiana, Ark, LA, OKLA | Registered: 23 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted Hide Post
Two hand forged pocket knives from Spain. I watched the old Gent make them in a forge over a 100 years old. Through a girl who spoke english he told me how his father showed him the trade. Good knives,good wine and a nice man.
gene

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

Posts: 1684 | Location: Walker Co,Texas | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I carry a cold steel 4" voyager every day when Iam on the job. Off the job a I carry a 5" voyager and a leather man.

For big game hunting I carry my leatherman and a Remington big game knife.

But I do have a weakest for fine knifes and fine guns I own many of both. Most just sit in the safes. But it is nice to own them.

Posts: 19361 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
For the last couple years I've carried a 3 inch Gerber with a pocket clip on it. At first I didn't know if I would like the clip but now I would not have a everyday knife without it.

Posts: 8 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Trouthunter
posted Hide Post
For everyday carry I have a folder made by Keith Coleman that does what I want it to do.

During deer season here in Texas I carry that folder and a Randall that was made in 1960 that is just terribly sharp.

TH

Posts: 75 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 12 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Daily, I carry a Microtech mini-udt, clip removed, it just rides in my pocket. When hunting, I take a fair amount of time and take 2 or 3, one in my pack and one somewhere else, usually a Leatherman Wave on my belt when hunting.

Regards--Don

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I used to carry the Boy Scout knife in my pocket and then a Victorinox Champ on my belt for a while.

Now I carry a "Winchester" swiss style pocket knife on my key chain. These are available in Wal-Mart for about $3.75. They seem to be of decent quality. Recently I cut the tail off of a coyote with it as it has a very good saw blade.

For big game hunting I carry one of the folders I have. The ones I use most have double blades.

Of course I have some old style hunting knives.

The knife with the stag handles was ordered by my late uncle who was the head of something in occupied Austria in 1947 and made at the Steyr Works. Its inscribed with my initials.

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Daily carry is a Victorinox Tinker. Hunting, for the past 10 years or so, has been a Dunn custom with a 2 3/4" modified skinning type blade. This year I am going with a Marbles' Dal Deweese pattern from Vintage Knives. It is a light weight knife, 4" blade with a drop point and bone scales. This knife was designed in 1910.

Posts: 866 | Location: Western CO | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
G'day, While I was still in the Army, daily carry was a Leatherman tool (the original one). On Ops, a Cold Steel recon tanto ( the old one that looked the same as their regular tanto, but with a bead blasted finish), a kukri on my web gear, and and for the last couple of years, a neck peck. Great little knife.
Now I'm a civvy again, a spyderco endura for everyday, along with gerber multi-pliers, and for hunting (when I get the chance!) a Cold Steel master hunter plus.

Cheers, Dave.
Non Illegitium Carborundum

Cheers, Dave.

Aut Inveniam Viam aut Faciam.

Posts: 6716 | Location: The Hunting State. | Registered: 08 March 2005Reply With Quote