THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM KNIVES AND KNIFE MAKING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Knives and Knife Making    Re: Knife collecting is a disease..........

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Knife collecting is a disease..........
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I really like the Fallkniven's. The F-1 is my standard goto hunting knife, for hunting I think the the silver one is overall probably better than the black one just because I think it will be slightly easier to clean.
The Leather handled knife is a "Frej", one of their Northern Light series. It's made of laminated VG-10. It takes an absolutely wicked edge, one of the sharpest knives I own. I haven't used it on a hunt yet but probably will soon. The Leather handle as new is a little slick but I'm sure will change with a little use. I think that it and the "IDUN" are two of the nicest production hunting knives made. For general purpose hunting I think the F-1 is one of the best all-around blades available. I find it better handling than the Cold Steel Hunters and uses better steel. It does cost a bit more the the Cold Steel so I recommend the Cold Steel Master Hunter if you are on a budget, the F-1 if you want the best performance for the money, and the "Frej" if you don't mind spending extra for something really nice.........DJ

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote