New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tomahawks
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just bought an old tomahawk its a stanley made in U.S with hammer head on top and a nail removing cutout in blade ,iam sure i paid too much for it but it just feels great in your hand and has just the right heft ,had to buy it ! anyone else got a good hawk they use for hunting etc ?

Posts: 625 | Location: Australia | Registered: 07 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wonder if that's shingling ax???

the chef

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Here in Argentina there are two good knife makers that make excellent tomahwkcs

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
http://www.leevalley.com/garden/page.aspx?c=1&p=44448&cat=2,45794&ap=1 This is one of the best belt axes I have sen,truely a modern tomahawk

Posts: 68 | Location: Camrose Alberta | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
http://www.emersonknives.com/miva/merchant.mv?Screen=PR...egory_Code=Tomahawks

If you are looking for a more combat related modern Tomahawk I'd look at this one. I have an Emerson knife and it's the best folder I've ever owned.

The Hunt goes on forever, the season never ends.

I didn't learn this by reading about it or seeing it on TV. I learned it by doing it.

Posts: 729 | Location: Central TX | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Calgary chef yes i think you are right ! well it wasnt so expensive, compared to some of these new models ughhh !!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey, I always say if you like something buy it. I've been looking for a decent hatchet to chop kindling in the basement but all I see is crap.

the chef

One of Us
Picture of Collins
posted Hide Post
But this is a good looking tool:

Collins
Airgunner / 458 SOCOMer/ 45-70er / 458 Lotter

www.actionairgun.com LIVE NOW

Posts: 2327 | Location: The Sunny South! St. Augustine, FL | Registered: 29 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
To split firewood in the basement I use a splitting hatchet ["fireside friend" ] by Estwing .It's about 25 ozs IIRC ,with a broader angle .Works much better than the narrow angle hewing hatchets.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
www.kilmarnockforge.com.au have some reasonably priced hawks for $85 Aust dollars

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Collins I have to admit thatit is an interesting tool. Not really a hatcher, not really a knife, not really a hammer, not really good for chopping or for splitting wood for that matter..............

What's it good for??
stir

the chef

One of Us
Picture of Collins
posted Hide Post
quote:

What's it good for??
stir

the chef

Sometimes you just have to let art flow over you...

No, really, for very small chopping, kindling and such. and it looks like it'd make an acceptable cleaver. It's a unique cutting tool, do you need other reasons? beer

Collins
Airgunner / 458 SOCOMer/ 45-70er / 458 Lotter

www.actionairgun.com LIVE NOW

Posts: 2327 | Location: The Sunny South! St. Augustine, FL | Registered: 29 May 2004Reply With Quote