Find
Notify
Tools

45-70 big hardcast.
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of MADDOG
posted
Where can I find load Data for 45-70 loads with hard cast 420gr 450gr etc.? Thank you for your help.

Joshua 24:15
www.teamfaithfull.net /
My granddaughter
"Multitudes loose the sight of that which is, by setting their eyes on that which is not".

Posts: 1899 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 03 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
MD, if you don't want to play around, try some of the loads from Garrett and Buffalo Bore. They'll get your attention!

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mad,
One thing you need to know first is the strength of your action !

Hip

Posts: 1823 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MADDOG
posted Hide Post
I have a marlin guide gun. And I’ve tried Garrett there very hot. I just like to reload.

www.teamfaithfull.net /
My granddaughter
"Multitudes loose the sight of that which is, by setting their eyes on that which is not".

One of Us
Picture of Fury01
posted Hide Post
Western Powder manual has some loads sir.
http://www.accuratepowder.com/...uide1-2016_Web-1.pdf

"The liberty enjoyed by the people of these states of worshiping Almighty God agreeably to their conscience, is not only among the choicest of their blessings, but also of their rights."
~George Washington - 1789

Posts: 2135 | Location: Where God breathes life into the Amber Waves of Grain and owns the cattle on a thousand hills. | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Try http//.www.beartoothbullets.com they usually have data.

Hip

Posts: 1823 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
maddog--Try 40 grains of 3031 with the 420 or 450 grain cast bullet. Nowhere near a maximum load, but will give you plenty of horsepower to do anything you need with a flatnosed hardcast bullet, even on the big bears.

I have a friend that shot a grizzly that squared just under nine feet with a Lyman 457121 480 grain flatnosed bullet square in the chest at 60 yards. The bullet exited the bear's left rear ham. He had loaded it with 38.5 grains of 3031 and used his 86 Winchester. One shot, down and done. The bullet was cast from 50/50 wheel weights and lead. I am certain of this, as I cast the bullets myself and sent them to him.

Posts: 807 | Location: East Texas | Registered: 03 November 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MADDOG
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys for all the help!!
Much Appreciated.

www.teamfaithfull.net /
My granddaughter