New
Find
Notify
Tools

35 Whelen
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just did an inventory of my 225 gr Nosler BT I’m down to 17... I need to keep begging for more or switch to another Bullet Type..
My Question is .. Will I get the same outcome with 225 gr. Nosler Accubond as the BT ..
I have tested other bullets and some were good but it would be nice to continue with the recipe I have for the BT .. Powder, Primer ETC..
If any of you still have some 225 BT you don’t want anymore please PM Me .. Cool

Posts: 16798 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 21 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Really...the ONLY way to know is to test them...you might have to adjust the powder amount...or not...no way to tell WHAT will happen...Good Luck

Good Hunting tu2 beer

One of Us
posted Hide Post
fishing

Posts: 16798 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 21 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
If you talk to Nosler they will tell you that dimensionally the Ballistic Tip and the Accubond are an identical bullet, the difference is ones core is bonded to the jacket.
Nosler told me there is no reason for the bullets to not have the same point of impact and group size.
I would switch them without having to change a thing.

Would you share any specifics on your load?

Posts: 5603 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I know in my .338 Win, the Accubond and the partition performed exactly the same, both penetration and killing effect is very close indeed. Same with my 30-06..The accubond shoots a bit flatter Im told, but I can't tell if it does..

The more I use the Accubonds the more they impress me..Shot a number of African PG including Eland with both and a number of elk and deer...Also had the same results with the 250-3000, the 110 gr. Accubond is my favorite bullet in the 250 and the 257 Ackley. I think Ive used them about as much as anyone I know of..Most bonded core bullets work great has been my experience, and you get a larger cross section than the Nosler partition, but that perhaps negates penetration, but all in all I doubt if there is a nickels worth of difference between the two....

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote