Find
Notify
Tools

300 RUM & H870
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of MADDOG
posted
Anyone using H 870 In their 300 RUM? Looking for loads w/200 or 210 gr bullets.

Joshua 24:15
www.teamfaithfull.net /
My granddaughter
"Multitudes loose the sight of that which is, by setting their eyes on that which is not".

Posts: 1899 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 03 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
Maddog
If my memory is correct my uncle used 108?? Grains of H870. As slow as that powder is I don't think you could get enough in the case to cause an overload. Every cartridge I have used it in was a compressed load that I can remember.
Scott

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground. Bringing everyday life to most individuals 8' at a time!

Posts: 3066 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
Maddog
Did you find the data for this? I can comb through my books and see if I have anything.

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground. Bringing everyday life to most individuals 8' at a time!

Posts: 3066 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Canadian reloarder
posted Hide Post
Done a short test with it in my 300 RUM with the 200 Nosler Part. Worked up to 105 grs H-870 in a Rem case with a Fed 215 with an OAL of 3.640. Accuracy was sub-moa and velocity was 3140 ft/sec. Also tried the same load with the 190 gr Hornady SBT Vel was 3172 ft/sec but accuracy was bad.

"300 Win mag loaded with a 250 gr Barnes made a good deer load". Elmer Keith

Posts: 172 | Location: Canada | Registered: 06 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
That's great news on the 200gr partition with the h870, Canadian.

I'm going to try that in my rem 700.

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3315 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote