THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM HORSE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Horse    Finally got me another horse
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finally got me another horse
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Well my last horse was 20 years old and injured his leg in the pasture and had to be put down. The one before him basically died of old age after a bout with viral pneumonia, so been having some bad luck..decided I was too old to be buying horses and roping anyway so sorta quit. Tomarrow I will drive to the BFI in Reno and pick up a really nice 17 year old mare that is a secondary horse for a pro roper, I will be roping on her until early Feb. and send her home to Arizona, and maybe pick up another for next summer. We have no heated barns locally and I can't physically rope in the cold.. If I can hang in there for summers I will always have a horse to ride at no expense if I get the job done and can send them home better than when they came, I think I can still do that....I think I have another year maybe two for steer roping and team roping..Id like to make 90 years old, but 100 wouldn't hurt my feelings..Most of my roping now will be in the practice pen, but I will make a few local jackpots for sure and maybe one or tow USTRC ropings. I already feel better...

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41814 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good for you Ray! Hang in there.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Fury01
posted Hide Post
Wishing you the Best Ray. A Horse is an antidote for just about problem that besets the soul.

"The liberty enjoyed by the people of these states of worshiping Almighty God agreeably to their conscience, is not only among the choicest of their blessings, but also of their rights."
~George Washington - 1789

Posts: 2135 | Location: Where God breathes life into the Amber Waves of Grain and owns the cattle on a thousand hills. | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well I got her shoed, and she has some minor stuff going on in her feet, but the vet says I can manage her with Equioxx pill a day..So I got her on that and last night I roped 4 steers on her, and wow! this old girl knows her stuff, and she is like riding a cloud, smooth is the word and she still has plenty of speed..Its going to be a good summer.

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

Posts: 41814 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ray, you are an inspiration. With your drive, you will not only make it to 100, but do it while riding, hunting and playing with guns. A true cowboy. Be easy on the steers.

Posts: 1015 | Location: Brooksville, FL. | Registered: 01 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
A Horse is an antidote for just about problem that besets the soul.

Old saying: The best thing for the inside of a man is the outside of a horse.
I agree.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I roped like a pro at practice, roped like goober at the roping! oh well some days are diamonds and some days are cow pies or something like that..seems the producers cattle I roped only had one rear leg. Everybody else got cattle with two hind legs..Such is the life of a sinning cowboy! pissers holycow

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120