Find
Notify
Tools

Good Mt. Ponies
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

What do you think of this photo?

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nobody2
posted Hide Post
Nice!

Bears don't get away without a chase on my ponies.

Posts: 274 | Location: Wa. | Registered: 04 February 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Nice pic and a calm horse. Thanks.

I don't really want to know what my mule would do in the presence of a griz. Smiler

I would probably be in the dark still in the saddle as she turned herself inside out in a headlong panic to get away.

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19305 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of daniel77
posted Hide Post
bet you could feel his heart beating between your feet...
Cool pic, but what's up with the 4 wheeler trail?

Posts: 3628 | Location: cajun country | Registered: 04 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No 4 wheelers up there Daniel77
Wandering horse trail

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CaneCorso
posted Hide Post
Great calm and still photo....

~~~

Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
1 Corinthians 16:13

Posts: 622 | Location: CA, USA | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
tu2

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'd be hoping I was well seated in the saddle. Big Grin Had a similar experience some years ago. Wife, kids and I were riding down an old road when she spotted a Grizzly, digging at the side of the road, a couple of hundred yards ahead of us. Wife yelled Bear, who raised his head, loped a short distance along the road and crossed. Funny part was, the horses never noticed him till we got to where he had crossed the road, at which point there was a lot of snorting and carrying on.
Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Those ears pointed to the bear would be my first clue to grab leather and be prepared to return to camp at warp 5 speed and only if I made the first 5 or 6 high loud snorting and squaling jumps. My blue horse who is broke to death has a thing about bears and its damned unpleasant. He just smells one and its a trip, Lord knows what he would do if he actually saw one. Mostly I just team rope off him, not a lot of bears in the arena as a rule.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Nice Griz and dark ours tend to be a lot lighter color faze where we ride. We have a couple mounts that are oblivious to bears and we use them as lead horses when we're riding in
close cover. Riding on old alder choked trails where you can't tell if there are even horses under anybody for 1/2 mile or more. The odd time you'll hear one woof at you from off the trail and you just keep calm and keep riding.
The moose we encounter every once and a while now there's excitement, don't why but my guys hate them.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Moose are blind and they fall in love (heat) at the sight of horse and become love struck, trust me its time for your spurs to find your horses heart!! would be a most unpleasant experience.. rotflmo

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote