THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM HORSE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Horse    Joe Back "Horses, Hitches, and Rock Trails"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Back "Horses, Hitches, and Rock Trails"
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone have this book?

I am thinking about buying it and wonder if it is worthwhile.

Thanks.

BH63

Hunting buff is better than sex!

Posts: 2205 | Registered: 29 December 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good entertaining reading, very humorous, but for instructional purposes there are better books out there.

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
^
What would you suggest?

BH63

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am currently reading the Back book, and it is a hoot!

I can see where it's not the best for learning to tie all the hitches and so on, but it is great reading.

BH63

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
“Horse Packing in Pictures” is the best for hitch reference.

Next is the book written by by good friend Bill Brown who is a vet in Missoula. He wrote it when he was younger back in the 1970s and worked with master packer Smoke Elser who was the source of the info...Packing in on Horses and Mules.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36369 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
^
Thanks!!!

I'll definitely check these two out.

BH63