Find
Notify
Tools

Ranch Roping Loop Query
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of daniel77
posted
In one of the Californios DVDs there is a remark about a loop, I think he calls it the Coolo. I am looking to see if anyone here knows about this loop, or what it's proper name would be.

As I recall it would be a hip shot used when a calf is running in front of you from left to right. Wondering if this is like Bill Dorrance's hip shot.
It would be wonderful if there was a youtube video of something like that on this shot.
Thanks in advance.

Posts: 3628 | Location: cajun country | Registered: 04 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ElCaballero
posted Hide Post
You should contact Pat Puckett.

As a general rule, people are nuts!
spinksranch.com

Posts: 2094 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: 02 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of daniel77
posted Hide Post
gracias. I will check him out. Thanks
beer

Posts: 3628 | Location: cajun country | Registered: 04 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It is a flip shot where you roll the loop out on the ground more or less in a back swing roll and in front of a crossing animals front feet, I think the term is "wholou" in pronounceation. It is a variation of the hoo-le-ann. without turning the loop over. NOt sure of any of the spelling..

Most of the terms are a derivative of the California Spanish/Mexican Vaquero and/or passed down thru the generations by the Nevada Buckaroo, who has certainly set some standards in ranch roping contests. Both have made their mark in cowboy country.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote