New
Find
Notify
Tools

NorthFork Bullets Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 475Guy1
posted
I hear Mike at NorthFork Bullets is no mas. I guess it wasn't economically feasible for him to continue to make bullets anymore. For us big bore and dr shooters, it's a sad day. Hope somebody picks up the slack left vacant by his departure from the bullet manufacturing world.

Used to be 475Guy add about 2000 more posts

Posts: 245 | Registered: 15 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
You're kidding right? What am I going to do for 404 jeffery bullets now? nilly Say it aint so Mike. Frowner

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
As my health and finances improve in 2008, I hope/plan to pick up the mantle.

Swift and Barnes both make bullets suitable for the 404 Jeffrey. Not as good, but certainly suitable.

Granted, I have been doing a lot of ammunition development work with North Fork bullets over the last two years, but even being a poor country doctor I scraped up enough money here and there to put twenty plus boxes of bullets on my shelf, and send half as many to friends as presents.

The only way the smaller manufacturers can make it is if we buy their products in quantity. I remember people moaning when Trophy Bonded was picked up by Speer/ATK, and the pure copper became gilding metal. So, I bought as many North Forks as I could manage. Now I wish that I had bought even more.

Mike Brady set out 12 years (or so) ago to build the best game bullet ever made. I believe he succeeded. The price of copper, something entirely out of his control, is what put and end to this chapeter.

I wish that everyone who reads this will send a short note to Mike thanking him for his service to our sport. Please don't ask him to reconsider/re-open; that can't happen. Please do thank him for ten years of 16 hour days.

LD

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bro' Dart,
Welcome back! Hope you are back to your usual warp-drive wit and wisdom.
I sent Mike a "thank you."
Thank you.

What mantle are you picking up?
You must be firing on all cylinders now.
I am glad.

Best Regards,
Rip

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of husky
posted Hide Post
lawndart
Welcome back -Scandinavia has missed you!

Posts: 1134 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
sad sad news... we all owe you a debt of grattitude Mike. Thank you salute

Can someone buy the company and keep things going? Saeed?

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27595 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Sad news, indeed. A good product and a manufacturer who accepted input from his customers.

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote