THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIG BORE FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Big Bores    Pricing question for a 500 Jeffery

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pricing question for a 500 Jeffery Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Recently picked up a 500 jeffery in a trade snd I'm curious about what the actual value is. Built on a ruger safari magnum that started as a 416 rigbh, comes with dies and brass. Stock has a crack at the wrist that has been pinned, bedded and then painted. Functions fine. Also, happy turkey day!

One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
more info??.. rebarrel??.. rebore??.. who did the work??, sights???, scope??, stock cut??, and lots more questions to determine any kind of accurate value...since you traded for it, you had to put some sort of value on it in the trade??... im playing devil's advocate here, but i see this at gunshows all the time when there is a buyer's remorse on a purchase...

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2824 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rebarrel, necg peep and front sight. No buyers remorse, i think it's a cool rifle and am trying to decide between keeping and selling for something else i have my eyes on. I have about 2500 into the trade. It was built by a local smith thats built a few if them

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Same stock it had as a 416 Rigby. Just the sharp edges rounded out

one of us
posted Hide Post
Have you priced a CZ in the 500 caliber??You have a PM..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41763 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Atkinson:
Have you priced a CZ in the 500 caliber??You have a PM..

I have not

One of Us
posted Hide Post
With that broken stock, I would think the stock has no value...Only value is the metal

Posts: 3435 | Location: Phone: (253) 535-0066 / (253) 230-5599, Address: PO Box 822 Spanaway WA 98387 | www.customgunandrifle.com | Registered: 16 April 2013Reply With Quote