THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIG BORE FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Big Bores    Red dot on my .505. AHR mount and deltapoint

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Red dot on my .505. AHR mount and deltapoint Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Well I saw AHR red dot mount for CZ and I thought that's the perfect set up for cannons like this. Got a Deltapoint Pro and will be interesting to get it set up. Should be an easy deal and quite effective. Will report back.......

White Mountains Arizona

Posts: 2840 | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Got it set up. Obviously will be the most excellent setup on a rifle of this type. Both eyes open no parallax red dot shooting. If you haven't used one on a pistol/rifle you will be amazed. 2.5 moa dot will be perfect. Probably gonna need the led sled to sight it in at 50...Boresight then start at 10 then 25 then 50......Then no more off a bench ;D

White Mountains Arizona

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have an AHRin 458 Lott. I have a Burris Fastfire 3 RMR on it and it’s super for dangerous game. I have used it on elephant anf buffalo with much satisfaction. Have fun !

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sweet thanks. Much smaller and cheaper than a Z6i or something like that and a magnafied scope not really necessary on something like this. Although I do have one on my .458 lott which I don't believe i've ever used over one power

White Mountains Arizona

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not sure if this will work for pics

White Mountains Arizona

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a CZ in both 505 Gibbs and .458 Lott (.416 Rigby, too) and I had never thought about mounting a small red dot. I have Burris Fastfires on pistols and an AR and they work fine. I’ve emailed AHR about their mount, Clayman, what mount did you Use on your Lott?

Karl Evans

Posts: 2723 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
HEre you go. Very nice Have always thought red dot on the front mount would work well.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you. I guess it did not work very little luck posting pics. As far as I am concerned this is the way to go on this type rifle. Probably put one on my Lott as well. Heck my .500 double has some sort of mounting base. Need to find out how that works as well....

White Mountains Arizona

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have one on my 500 Jeff with a Riton red dot. It is a slick setup and the red dot is fast and accurate.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Zeroed the sight. Works great but DPP does have a surprising amount of parallax. Will check against RMR. .505 a breeze to sight in on bench with led sled and 50 lbs of lead shot lol. Last shot was dead center at 50 but dealing with apparently faulty Jamison brass. Trying to get in touch with Jefe at Cor Bon who loaded the ammo....

White Mountains Arizona

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
I have have a Trijicon RM06 on my .500 NE double now for several years—taken a few ele with it.

Once my eyes changed at 50...couldn’t live without it.

But once I used it in this application I would recommend it to all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36417 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What rifle and what mount? Looking for a merkel setup

White Mountains Arizona

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Would this mount work on the Montana PH action ?

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Beware the lead sled with big bores, I broke several stocks early on with one..I eventually added some stiff foam to the butt and that seems to have solved the problem but carefull how much lead you use, I limit myself to one bag of shot with any big bore, the foam handles everything up to and including the 375 H&H or Ruger, so far anyway..I have also repaired split out stocks for friends and neighbors who used the lead sled...Its a good rest but you have to know how to use it..for one thing only strap it down enough to keep the gun on the rest, I normally leave about an inch or more slack in the strap..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41763 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah I don’t use 100 lbs of lead....or strap it in. Just use it as a cradle so far no issues and the sled moves quite a bit after each shot so pretty sure it’s spreading the recoil out. Sure makes sighting in an optic on a .505 enjoyable...Plus only use it as little as necessary

White Mountains Arizona

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If it has the same mount as a CZ why Chris I am I sure of. I’m sure aAHR can make one as they make them in House I believe
quote:
Originally posted by PC:
Would this mount work on the Montana PH action ?

White Mountains Arizona